Chapter 2: Are you single?

Chapter 2

Aunt Hailey told me to leave the house at 8:20 and I had about an hour and a bit to spare since I was up early and because my sleep broke quicker than I expected. I decided to take a jog before I left for school so I put on a pair of tracksuits, a tank top and trainers and tied my hair in a messy bun before leaving.

I thought it would be smarter to come back and take a shower.

I left the house with my earphones in listening to Do It Again by Pia Mia ft Chris Brown & Tyga.  As I ran, I remember all the streets I pass. I jog past a park where I used to play with my parent and Aden when I was younger. The memories bring a smile to my face but the thought of my parent bring a frown to my lips.

I began singing the songs out loud and pedestrians walking past stop to glare at me. I guess other people are on their morning jogs too and my loud singing wasn't exactly peaceful for them.

I passed Damstanes Street and I abruptly pause and stare ahead at the houses and the hill that was at the very far end of the road. The street looked much more nicer than the last time I saw it. In front of the houses were cute blossom trees and it wasn't as dirty as before. 

This happened to be the road where Jordan, Maya and I always used to hang out. Because we all lived pretty close to each other, one day we decided to find a street that was in the middle of the three of ours and then we found Damstanes Street. 

The thought of Jordan and Maya makes me super excited and anxious. I was going to see them today after a long time. Talking to them on the phone and texting wasn't enough. Even face timing wasn't the same. I couldn't help but think back to the days they'd call and fire me with questions about why I never call frequently when I first went to England.

My stomach turned at the thought of lying to them about my stay at England. 

Before I left I told them I was going to England because my father got a job there. But that was lie that I'll regret till the day I die because not only did I lie, I lied to those who I cared so much for. It wasn't those little white lies that didn't matter days after. It was huge lie that ponders on my mind every time I'm alone.

If they ever found out, I'd loose their trust.

And I couldn't risk that.

*   *   *   *

After my jog, I jumped into the shower. The hot water felt amazing against my skin after my tired body was sweating from the run. I jumped out and it was already 8:00, so I hurriedly rushed to my wardrobe to look for an outfit to wear today. I quickly pulled on a loose maroon top over my head matched with a pair of black jeans. 

I wrapped a black and white shirt around my waist to look a bit more hip. I applied a light amount of mascara, a bit of concealer to cover my dark under eyes from lack of sleep and a bit of neutral lipstick. I decided to blow dry my hair and because I was already getting late, I decided to let my hair down and rested upon my shoulders. 

I grabbed my black sneakers and hand bag before heading downstairs. Aunt Hailey was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for the both of us and I smiled as she began humming under her breath.

"Do I see Nutella sandwiches?" I teased as I sat down at the table.

"Anything for you, honey boo." She giggled and sat down beside me and we both dug into our breakfast.

Once we finished our breakfast we headed out to go school. I was lucky that the high school I was going to attend was also where Aunt Hailey works so if I ever needed her, she was right there.