CHAPTER 4: Taking a break.

-in dreams-

Yorktown: Look, the sea is beautiful today.

Enterprise AL: I can't believe that the sea is beautiful, since we were born, the sea is where the battlefield is.  There's nothing beautiful about that. Sister, for you the ocean....

Yorktown: That's not true. You just forget it. We are a ship shaped like a human. The beauty of the ocean is imprinted in our heartstrings. *holds Enterprise AL hand* One day, you will remember the wishes of the people who gave you your name, blessing the path of the blue ocean.  Enterprise, my dear sister.

Yorktown and Enterprise dialogue about their views on the ocean. Yorktown reveals its inherent beauty, while Enterprise holds a different opinion due to its battle experience. However, Yorktown convinces the Enterprise that the beauty of the ocean is also in their hearts as a living ship. Yorktown holds the Enterprise's hand, promising that one day the Enterprise will remember the wish that lies behind their name and will honor the ocean blue.

December 9, 1941
07:30 AM

-beyond dreams-

Outside of his dreams, the Enterprise Navy was fast asleep. The Enterprise AL room is full of survival food such as MRE's, snacks and so on. Suddenly, someone enters the room to wake the Enterprise from its sleep.

Enterprise AL: Yorktown....sister....

???: Ara~ Such a cute delusion.

Then, the Enterprise AL immediately woke up because someone entered the room without permission and she was dazzled when someone opened the window curtain.

???: Good morning, did you sleep well?

Enterprise AL: You....

Belfast: My name is HMS Belfast, a maid.  *smile*

On December 9, 1941, at 07:30, beyond his dreams, the Enterprise AL was fast asleep in her room filled with survival food supplies. Suddenly, someone comes into his room to wake the Enterprise. The Enterprise immediately awakens and calls Yorktown's name. However, what came to his room was a woman who disturbed his sleeping center. The woman was HMS Belfast, a maid who smiled kindly.

time skip

Enterprise AL: I see.... Thank you for waking me up. Sorry to bother you. But, how come you know my room?

Belfast: Your grandson told me and your grandson told me to wake you up.

Enterprise AL: [In Mind] "Maybe it must have been the CVN-80 that woke me up" [Out Mind] Oh, I see.

Belfast: Then, your grandson asked me to eat with you and his grandson.

Enterprise AL: tell my grandson, I'll catch up later. I have to go on important business.

Belfast: Wait.... Should you rest?  You look exhausted. If your body is forced to, you may faint.

Enterprise AL: *sigh* I'm used to being on the battlefield.

Belfast: Your condition was in danger at that time.

Enterprise AL: Right, thanks for your help.

Belfast: It's time for breakfast.

Enterprise AL: This is enough. *shows MRE chocolate wafer and leaves*

Belfast: *sigh*

After awakening from her sleep, the Enterprise Navy thanks Belfast for waking her up. However, she was curious how Belfast knew about his room. Belfast explains that Enterprise's granddaughter told her and asked her to wake him up.The Enterprise guesses that it may be due to CVN-80's assistance. Belfast also informs that Enterprise's grandson invited the two to have breakfast together. However, the Enterprise refused because it had important matters to deal with immediately. Although Belfast is concerned about the Enterprise's exhausted state, the Enterprise reveals that it has become accustomed to war conditions. Belfast is grateful for the assistance provided by Enterprise.  Although Belfast tries to offer breakfast, Enterprise declares that MRE chocolate wafers are enough for him and leaves the room. Belfast sighed in worry.