Chapter 11

Y/N froze in shock, tears started to well in her eyes. As soon as the large stormcutter landed, the masked figure instantly jumped down and ran towards Y/N. They threw their helmet revealing a woman and hugged Y/N tightly. "I've been searching every island for you! I was worried sick Y/N! What happened!?" The woman held Y/N's arms gently. "Miss V..Me and pearl got lost and.." Y/N tried to explain, each word she spoke a tear ran down her cheek. "It's okay..it's okay..I'm just glad your back safely dear.." Miss V patted Y/N's head softly and hugged her again.

As they hugged, Miss V saw a teenage boy at the corner of her eye. She instantly pointed her staff at Hiccup as if on reflex. "Who are y-" The woman's voice died down when he realized it was just a teenage boy. "Y/N who is he?" The woman inched closer to Hiccup. Y/N nervously ran to them. "Miss V, meet Hiccup! Hiccup meet miss V!" Y/N smiled. "I crashed onto their island" Miss V's breath hitched in shock as she spotted a light scratch mark just beneath the brown haired boy's chin.

"Hiccup?..I must be seeing a-and hearing things" The woman softly chuckled, her voice shaky. Hiccup started to back away and exchanged confused expressions with Y/N. "Do I know you?" Hiccup asked while Y/N stood there confused as if she was trying to complete a puzzle. "I know you won't believe me..but a mother never forgets.." As soon as Miss V said those words, Y/N and hiccup looked at each other in shock.

--Past--

As the two sat down while eating, Y/N spoke. "If you don't mind me asking Hiccup, how come you're alone on this island? I mean where are your parents? I sincerely apologize if that question was too straightforward or personal-" Hiccup's chuckle made Y/N panicked explanation fade. "Don't worry Y/N it's fine, I actually ranaway from my hometown, Berk. I was an outcast to them and when I found toothless I decided to runaway with him. He was the only friend I had and I knew that they'd take him on the spot if they ever found out." Y/N nodded understandingly. "I'm sorry you had to go through all that..though the name Berk sounds awfully familiar to me." Hiccup smiled warmly. "The important thing is I'm doing greater now. Also you might have heard Berk from travelers, word gets around fast y'know." The two chuckled and started to clean up their leftovers on the table.

--present--

'No wonder the name Berk and Hiccup sounded so familiar to me! Miss V told me that her lost son lives there! She told me his name was Hiccup! How have I not noticed!?' Y/N thought to herself as she put her hands to her mouth in shock. "Mom?.." Hiccup's breath hitched.