I recognize her, but that doesnt change my goal. I need to kill her. My hand slowly reaches behind my back, ready to grab my gun when she stands, stumbling a bit. "Killian!" she slurs, opening her arms for what i assume is a hug. She walks up to me with her arms open but when i dont move she drops them, tilting her head and frowing up at me. "Oh yeah." she mumbles, turning back to Micah with a giggle. "i forgot he doesn't like me."

"Doll, why dont you sit down." Micah suggests, getting up to guid her back to her chair.

She looks up at him while he pushes her down onto her seat, nodding to herself with purssed lips. She has this look of absolute certainty, with her furrowed eyebrows and crunched up nose, "It's true, you know. He told me."

"Yeah?" Micah asks with an amused smile.

She nods again, "Yeah, im supposed to call him Killian but he says his friends call him Ian." she shakes her head, "He doesnt want to be friends with me." she pauses, "he wants to be friends with Stefan, though. So maybe hes not the best judge of character"

"Maybe not, doll. Im gonna go get you some water" he pats her head and leaves.

I once again reach behind my back, only she interupts me once more, "Im sorry i was mean to you."

I step closer to her, grabing her chin and tilting her head up. "Are you drunk?" Her big doe eyes bat in confustion, "Drunk? I dont know. Ive never been drunk before. Am i drunk?" she giggles, clasping a hand over her mouth in shock. "Oh my god, im drunk."

"Jesus Christ." I mumble, letting go of her face and stepping back. I run a frustrated hand through my hair, looking up to the ceiling.

I hear shuffling and look back at her to make sure she doesn't hurt herself, only to see her frowning again, with her knees to her chest. "I'm sorry I was mean to you."

"You said that already."

"You never answered." She huffs, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, "I get cranky when I take the medicine. I don't always mean to be mean." Then she starts giggling again, "mean to be mean." She hits her hand against her knee, "it almost rhymes!"

I feel my lips twitch up and immediately scowl at myself, ew.

"Why do you take the medicine?" This isn't my job. I'm a hit man not a shrink. I should kill her and get it over with... but a part of me is curious.

She shrugs, picking up her glass, "Sometimes it hurts."

"What hurts, baby?"

"Everything."

She begins to move her glass in circles, watching the liquid form a tornado shape. She's distracted enough to give me a chance to observe her. So sweet and innocent, full of life. I don't think I've ever been that way.

Her makeup is all done up but from up close I can see the bags under her eyes, the almost healed cut on her cheekbone.

For a split second, I almost feel sad for her.

Almost.

My hand falls back to my side, away from my gun.

She speaks once again, sitting up straighter. "I have a question."

She doesn't wait for me to speak, instead she asks right away, "Why do you hang out with Stefan?"

I avoid the question with one of my own because how do I tell her I'm only friends with him because he's one of the richest men I know and pays me anytime he wants someone annoying out of his life. "How do you know Stef?" It's not the first time she's mentioned him tonight, plus that whole incident at the poker night still struck me as suspicious.

"Well... I met him for the first time when I was nine. My dad brought me because-"

"Okay, here's your water." Micah breaths, cutting her off. He grabs the glass of amber liquid from her hands and replaces it with the water. "Sorry it took so long. For a place with so many drinks you'd think we'd have water bottles or something." He chuckles.

I sigh running a hand through my hair, "get her sobered up then take her home. Come back here after. We need to talk."

Lacey groans, "I don't want to go home."

"Too bad." I deadpan, sending her a dry look.

She whines and puts her water cup down. When I glance at her again, her legs are criss-crossed on the chair and her arms are crossed over her chest. "No, I'm not going."

Micah laughs but falls silent when he notices my straight face. "Okay doll, c'mon. Let's go." The blonde motions to the door with his head, but Lacey doesn't move, she just shakes her head.

"Fucking bring her." I huff, rolling my eyes.

"I- uhm, yeah." He fumbles, walking up to her and holding his hand out, she just glances at it then blinks up at him. Micah shuffles nervously.

"Fucking hell." I whisper, walking up and shoving the dumb blonde out of the way. Lacey has to move her head to look up at me, which I find amusing. "C'mon. Let's go we're leaving."

She pokes my abdomen, "you're leaving. I'm staying right here." Then she furrows her brows and pokes me again and again... and again.

The girl can't even reach my chest from her spot. She's poking my fucking lower stomach. Her already big eyes widen, then she starts fucking pinching me. I take a step back. She looks up at me amazed, "You have no fat."

"Jesus Christ." I mumble, "let's go."

She huffs, "No, I'm not going there, I want to stay here."

I don't say anything else because I know it's useless. Instead, I grab her by the waist and throw her over my shoulder, using my left arm to hold the back of her thighs to me. She squeals, gripping onto the back of my shirt.

I walk her to my truck, stopping abruptly when I hear a mischievous giggle. Then I feel it, a light sting "did you just... slap my ass?"

She gasps, "of course not. I would never do something like that." Then she does it again.

I resume my walking "Stop that."

She giggles again, "okay." Then she does it again.