Chapter 8: Pigs in Minecraft

After Hisoka responded to Gon he started walking away from the two of us, with a passed out Leorio on his back. He kept walking and I went over to Gon to check up on him.

"Gon are you alright?" I ask concerned and hugging him tightly noticing how shaky and sweaty he is from his fight with Hisoka. I hug him tighter feeling him start to relax more as I pat his back comfortingly.

"Yeah, but it would've been a lot worse if you weren't there to save me (y/n)." He said optimistically but still looking shaken up, I smile down at him petting his hair.

"I'm glad I was there to help. I was nervous I wouldn't be able to do anything." I hold him tighter.

"Gon! (Y/n)! Are you alright?"

Kurapika yells towards us. I release Gon from my embrace as Kurapika walks towards us. I smile at Gon staying close to him.

"Yeah we're alright." I smile softly.

"Okay you two we need to get going before the First Phase ends."

Both boys nod in agreement and we start running in the direction Hisoka went. Gon started tracking Leorio by his strong cologne.

"So you can really tell by the smell?" Kurapika asks.

"Yeah. Leorio's always wearing this very unique kind of cologne. I can smell him from a few kilometers away, no problem."

"Hm." Kurapika hums in response.

"Hey, I've been thinking. What do you think Hisoka was talking about when he said that all three of us passed?" Gon asked.

"Oh actually I was wondering the same thing Gon. Any ideas Kurapika?"

"I'm not sure but I think he might have been playing judge." Kurapika responded.

Kurapika begins to explain how he thinks that Hisoka has his own benchmarks for evaluating a person's power. He could have been measuring the strength of each applicant.

"It seems you, (y/n), and Leorio met those standards, whatever those happen to be."

The two boys begin to talk about Hisoka's reasoning for passing the three of them. Kurapika begins to explain his reasoning on Hisoka sensing the three of them to be kindred spirits or somehow drawn to each other.

"Hm, that's weird." I say.

"But I've got to say, it was actually pretty exciting back there."

Gon says to the two of us, Kurapika and I look at each other surprised.

"I was so scared that all I wanted to do was run away. But I couldn't, because I was excited at the same time. Isn't that weird?"

"Yeah, maybe a little weird Gon." I laugh softly and nudge his shoulder.

"You might be a bit of an adrenaline junkie." I tease him, Kurapika and Gon chuckle.

"What about you (y/n)? You looked so cool fighting Hisoka!" Gon compliments.

"Oh really? Thanks Gon. And yeah I guess it was a little exciting." I smile and blush looking away from the boys.

"But what was that favor he was talking about earlier?"

"Uh..oh you heard that?"

I scratch the back of my neck nervously and blush. I jump over a tree root that was in the middle of the path. Kurapika looks over at me curiously now as well.

"Sure did." He smiles innocently.

"Dang he can track someone by scent, and hear really well... he's like a golden retriever boy..."
I smile at the thought.