Chapter 6

The next day was Saturday when Hermione woke up. She stretched out in her bed and snuggled back into the mattress, wrapping the covers around her. She closed her eyes and sighed. Ron would probably be at her door in a few hours, wondering why she wasn't down for breakfast yet. She sank deeper into her bed and let her mind drift away from Ron. She wondered if she would ever have the courage to sit down with Ron and talk to him about the way he treats her. It could be worse though. She'd rather have a boyfriend that cares too much then one that doesn't care at all, but the only serious relationship she's been in is the current one with Ron. There were three short knocks at her door, quiet at first, but when Hermione did nothing but groan and sink deeper into the bed, they got louder. Not wanting to leave her bed, she sat up on her arms.

"Who is it?" She asked, her voice groggy from just waking up. She expected Ron to answer, demanding her to open the door and asking why she was late.

"It's me, Draco."

Draco? Why the hell is he at her door? Sheer will power made Hermione get up from the comfort of her bed and walk over to the door. The cold floor sent shivers up her body as she made her feet move to the door. She opened it and found Draco standing there with her copy of Hogwarts: A History in his hand and his bag on his shoulder.

"You left this last night."
He said holding out the book to her. She took it from his hand and mentally cursed herself for being too careless to forget her most favorite book.

"Thanks."
Hermione responded, still tired from waking up. Her muscles were stiff and she was still in the clothes she slept in, which was just an old shirt of Ron's that his father gave him, one of the many muggle artifacts he's collected over the years, and her underwear. It was a black shirt, most likely large, and had a yellow smiley face on it and the words Nirvana printed at the top in all capital letters. It was one of her favorite shirts that he's given her and she didn't have a clue what it meant, but didn't care either.
Draco was trying not to eye her up and down. He cleared his throat and adjusted his bag on his shoulder.

"Look Granger, I know your undying love for me is hard to contain, but please put on some pants."
He said while smirking.

Hermione blushed and thanked God that the shirt was long enough to cover her upper legs. She rolled her eyes and leaned against the door frame, not caring she was in her underwear anymore.

"You're the one who's crazy about me, staring at me when I have nothing on but the clothes I've slept in."
She jokingly retorted back. A pink blush spread across Draco's cheeks and he cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm going down to breakfast." He said looking into her eyes. "Join me?"

"Like this?"
She asked smiling and looking down at what she was wearing.

"Change first."
He said rolling his eyes and smirking.
Before Hermione could say anything back, she woke up to the sound of knocking at her door.

'What the hell? It was only a dream?'
Hermione asked herself as she sat up in her bed. She felt so disappointed. The dream felt so real, almost like it actually happened. She heard the knock at her door again. She hopped out of bed and checked herself in the mirror. She still had on Ron's shirt and still wasn't wearing any pants. She lightly pinched herself on the arm, making sure she was awake this time. She heard the knocking again and quickly rushed towards the door, hoping her dream would come true. Excitement filled her stomach as she turned the door handle.

"I've been knocking for about 10 minutes. What were you doing in there?"
Ron asked giving a disapproving look at her.

"I was sleeping."
Hermione's stomach dropped with disappointment. She was hoping it was Draco at her door, here to give her back her book and then invite her to breakfast, but she didn't know why she was expecting him.
'Don't be silly. Malfoy would never have invited you anywhere. According to Ron, he's the enemy.'