Chapter 5

Hermione sat in class listening intently on what Professor Slughorn was saying about how mixing the potion the wrong direction can lead to serious burns and injuries. It's been a few days since Hermione and Draco had met up to complete the project. They still had three more weeks until the end of November to turn it in so no one was really rushing. The due date was a week before the Victors Ball, which would have everyone hurrying to get it finished if they put it aside and forgot about it. It would take half of that time to brew it anyway. She felt Ron's hand rest on her leg while he was talking with Harry. She felt a sense of security when he would move his thumb in circles on her leg, making her feel safer then ever. She couldn't help but let the image of Draco emerging from the bathroom with a towel around his waist and water dripping on to his toned chest creep into her head. She involuntary pressed her legs together and cursed herself for thinking about that when her loving boyfriend was sitting right next to her. She tried to focus on something else in the classroom but her eyes landed right on Draco Malfoy, talking quietly to Blaise Zabini. Slughorn finally dismissed the class and everyone started to pack up their things. They all went to their next classes and were tired and ready for lunch. Harry came into the Great Hall to find his girlfriend and two best friends already sitting at the table, eating and chatting away.

"Give this to Hermione will you?"
A voice said to his left. He turned his head to see Draco with his hand holding his messenger bag on his shoulder and his other outstretched towards him with a little piece of parchment.

"Sure Malfoy."
Harry said taking the piece from his hand. He watched Malfoy nod a thanks and turn to walk to his own table where Blaise was already waiting for him.
Harry went to his own table and sat down on the bench. Just as he expected, Ron asked what Malfoy wanted with his mouth full of food. Harry ignored his friend and handed the parchment to Hermione. She looked at in confused and decided to read it when she was alone.

"What does it say Hermione?"
Ron asked finishing his mouthful of food.

"I haven't read it yet."
She answered and continued to eat like nothing happened.

"Hermione, let me read the note."
Ron said looking at her with a serious expression. Harry sat stiff next to Ginny who was looking at her brother like she was about to murder him.

"Ron!" She hissed from across the table.
"Would you leave Hermione alone? Obviously the note was for her, not you."
Ginny said. Ron looked back and forth from his girlfriend and his sister before slowly returning to the food on his plate.
Hermione silently thanked Ginny for saying the words she could never conjur up. In a better mood, she continued to eat. Hermione has a free period after lunch. She said goodbye to her friends and gave Ron a quick kiss on the cheek before going up to her room.

Once Hermione was alone in her room, she opened the note, her stomach turning for
no reason. She got the note from her pocket and unfolded it.

Meet me at my room to work on the project at 8:30.
The note read, scribbled in sloppy handwriting like he was in a hurry. Hermione had two more classes, then dinner, then a few minutes before she would walk over to his room. She wondered why he wanted to work on it so suddenly, but didn't really think it mattered.

The days had gone by so slowly, Draco thought he wouldn't be able to take another. Endless hours of sitting through boring lectures he would forget about in the next class. The project was going as good as a potion project should go. Hermione and Draco have only met two times since their first meeting, with Ron always breathing down both of their necks. Ron became so worried that Draco would hurt Hermione that he pulled him aside one time as Hermione walked into his room. Hermione had always been coming to his room to work on the project for a reason he didn't know why.
"Your room is more interesting than mine." Was always her answer. He got up to answer the door when he stopped when he heard a very angry voice and a quiet, vulnerable voice on the other side of the door.

Green is the opposite of Red. (A Dramonie fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें