Chapter 4

Draco's room wasn't at all like she had pictured. She pictured it very dark and cold, with posters of women in bikinis hanging on the wall with the strong stench of cheap cologne he used the night before. His room was exactly like hers, only everything in his room was green and silver. The curtains were a deep evergreen, the couch, the chairs and the walls were a beautiful ebony. If it wasn't for the lights overhead, the room would have been very dark and cold.

'I suppose all the rooms are like this on this hall, same for the other houses. They must all have the same layout, but the only difference between them is each room is set to its house color.'
Hermione thought to herself, looking around his room.

"Well Granger, are you just going to stand there looking daft or are you going to help with this stupid project?"
Draco said taking a seat on the couch and putting his feet up on the coffee table. She hesitated at first, a small voice in her head reminding of what Ron said, but the bigger, more logical voice in her head told her it was just a potions project. She took a cautious glance around herself one last time before sitting next to him on the couch. He already had the ingredients laid out with a cauldron already set up. Hermione read the directions over one last time to make sure everything was here.

"Let's get started."
She said rolling up her sleeves. She pulled her hair back in a messy bun and started to measure and add the ingredients.

•••

Hermione was about done with measuring the ingredients. She just needed to add the butterfly wings and the giants toe with some tree sap of the tree of Life. She reached for it, accidentally knocking to the floor. She was about to reach across Malfoy's lap when she stopped herself, not wanting to get in an awkward situation and make him assume the worst.

"Hand me that phial Malfoy. She said reading the instructions and sticking her hand out in his direction. After a few seconds of nothing in her hand and no response she looked over at him. He had his hands behind his head and his mouth was wide open.

'I don't believe it. The bloody prick fell asleep. I'm here doing all the work and he's having a nice relaxing nap.'
  She angrily thought to herself. She quietly got up from where she was sitting and went on the other side of him, leaning down to his ear.

"Draco Malfoy, if you do not wake up in the next minute I will make sure you will never be able to have children once I pour this boiling cauldron on your lap."
She said in a calm voice. She smiled when his eyes flew open and he sat up.

"Now Granger, what did you say you need?"
He said a little flustered.

She sat back down next to him.
"Hand me that phial. It fell by your foot."

"Couldn't you have just gotten it yourself?"
He asked bending down and handing it to her. His harm fingers grazed her cold hand, sending shivers up her spine.

"I could have. But I didn't."
She said trying to hide a smile as he looked at her. She handed him a mixing bowl with all of the ingredients, making him smash and mix it all.

•••

"No you daft idiot! You first crush the deathbell, then add the vampire dust, not the other way around."
Pansy screeched at a clumsy Ron, who apparently crushed and added the wrong ingredients. Pansy snatched up the bowl from his hands and did it herself. Ron was quite surprised when he came into her room to find no evidence of the evil monster he always thought she was. Always seducing the men of Slytherin, luring them into her lair, and then throwing them away like they meant nothing. She was the complete opposite, almost reminded him of Ginny. They were both feisty and didn't take any bullshit from anyone.