Chapter 4 Sometimes I wonder

-Recess-

The girls managed to grab one of the tables near the schoolyard. They were lucky enough to get the one near the shades. Soon the other tables were filled as crowds formed at the lunch area.

"I wonder if we'll get to see Septh around this time?" Bethany said excitedly.

"Hm... I don't think he'll have lunch outside or in the school's canteen..." Rosie replied

"Yeah, now that I think about it he's most likely gonna eat somewhere privately." Bethany agreed. "I wonder if he has his own chef?"

"I'm sure Principal Hansley will be arranging that for him, but it will be nice to see him during lunch, it's not every day you see celebrities." Bethany and Rosie both glanced at Jessica. Jessica was studious and didn't care for anything other than her studies, let alone celebrities. It was kind of refreshing that she was looking forward to something, moreover a celebrity and Jessica doesn't do celebrities.

"Oo~ Are you a fan of his? Jessica~" Bethany was excited thinking that she might also be his fan.

"No, it's just that there's such hype around him... ok, let's start eating!" She quickly diverted the conversation and took her lunch out "Let me see what you girls are having-"

Rosie just took out her lunch box from the white canvas bag and opened it. There was a few seconds of silence as both of the girls stared at Rosie's lunchbox.

The pink container was filled with all sorts of delicious food to the brim, there were crab cakes, potato salad, egg rolls, and an assortment of berries. It just looked SO GOOD!

"Sis, sometimes I wonder if you once saved the world or something..." Jessica pondered seriously.

"Your lunches manage to amaze me every time..." Bethany was biting at her non-existent handkerchief.

"D-don't look at me like that!"

They both glanced at Rosie with puppy dog eyes.

"Ok, fine..." Rosie put a crab cake in their lunch boxes respectively. "Mica made extra crab cakes today, the rest are mine ok? So don't ask for more."

They didn't even listen to Rosie and just chomped on the crab cakes. "So delicious~" Bethany ate it like she'd been famished for a long time.

"I think honorable Mica is a professional chef, his food's the best I've eaten." Jessica, who finished the crab cake in two bites, was currently wiping her mouth with her handkerchief as if she's just savored gourmet food.

"I agree. Other than my mum, his food's the best~" Rosie happily enjoyed her food.

Lunch break was almost over, the girls packed up their stuff and walked back to the classroom.

"Oh yeah, don't forget our date at the cafe later." Jessica reminded them on the way back.

"Sure, I can't wait to get my hands on the buttermilk waffles, yum~"

"Y-yeah" Rosie suddenly remembered she had to remind Mica about it. "You guys go ahead without me, I'll be coming to class later"

"Ok..."

"Where's she going?" Bethany watched as Rosie dashed off.

-By the schoolyard-

Rosie took her phone out and messaged Mica about her going to the cafe later with friends.

(Hello dear Mica~ *cat waving emoji* today you don't have to pick me up after school, I will be studying later in the library~ *cat studying emoji*)

After she sent the text she stared at it for a while. Then she put the phone back in her pocket and went back to her classroom. When her phone beeped, she quickly took out her phone to read the text.

(Okay~ *cat thumbs up emoji*)

Rosy felt guilty. It was rare for Rosie to hang out with her friends, but there was the newly launched buttermilk waffle at the Cafe. A special promo event was held for a limited time to celebrate the launch. Moreover, she was invited by Bethany that the three of them go together for the launch.

She dragged telling Mica about it. Deep down she knew Mica didn't really like her hanging out with anyone other than him, even with her friends. That's why she's still contemplating whether to go. But as it got closer to the launch date, she knew she had to accept Bethany's invitation. She couldn't tell how long it had been since she hung out with her pals and it was too hard to resist as she loved waffles.

So, she made up an excuse to study and was only going to text him during lunch today hoping that it worked. But she slipped up this morning and her heart almost jumped out of her chest.

Sorry Mica! I will hang out with you after. We can eat the waffles together at some other time, whenever you want. Just this once...

End of Chapter 4