Chapter 1 Good Morning

Somewhere, in Rosie's bedroom.

It was a nice summer morning, the gentle breeze drifted through the opened windows, and birds were chirping as they welcomed a brand new day. The rays of the sun shone through the windows hitting the table and the floor, casting a warm soft glow, litting up the bedroom.

<Bzzt... Bzzt... Bzzt...>

The smartphone alarm went off.

<Bzzt... Bzzt... Bzzt...>

Rosie, who was still in the sheets, moved a little. After some struggle, she took the smartphone from the bed stand, swiped on the screen, and snugged herself back under her sheets just for a few minutes.

"Bzzz... Bzzz... Bzzz..."

Didn't I set the alarm off?

Still sleepy, she lifted her blanket. The first sight that greeted her was the beautiful face of his childhood friend.

He had a well-defined facial structure and gentle facial features. Those breathtaking black eyes that came into sight were crystal clear and expressive. And the dainty mole that was perfectly situated under the right eye made him even more seductive.

Her childhood friend was standing over her bedside. He was leaning towards her and held out one hand on the side of his mouth, pretending to be the sound of her smartphone alarm.

She stared at his soft, raven-black hair that currently has a slightly golden sheen from the warm glow of the sun. And that light gold rim glowed around him as the sunlight shone from the window onto his back as if he was kissed by the sunrays. An angel with halo in real life... but why is his face so close by the way? Rosie felt her heart racing, staring so close to him.

"Rosie, shouldn't you wake up already? The alarm just went off." He casually reminded her.

"Why... Why are you in my room, Mica?" Rosie asked.

"Your mom asked me to wake you up since you have a habit of sleeping in. Well... I kinda requested it..." His voice got softer, especially at the end of his sentence, "W-Well, I will wait downstairs so hurry up and get changed!"

Rosie watched as he dashed out of her room and closed the door.

Why is he so flustered?

She quickly washed up, got dressed, and marched downstairs. In the dining room, Mica was eating a sandwich while casually chatting with her mother.

"Rosie always sleeps in when she gets the chance to. I had to go and get her up every time." her mother complained to Mica.

"She's such a sleepyhead, don't worry Mrs. Behl, I will wake her up for you. I tend to wake up early on time every morning, keeping a good habit. And there's a saying, the early bird catches the worm."

"Well, aren't you the perfect role model! I hope that Rosie learns from you."

"I think Rosie's great, she has lots of good points I can learn from like... umm..."

"Surely I have one or two learning points, like not being a picky eater or something." Rosie pouted. She sat beside Mica, took one of the sandwiches from his plate, and served herself a glass of orange juice.

"..."

"Hey Rosie, don't take Mica's food, yours is over there. " Her mother, Mrs. Behl, slapped Rosie's hand. "Look at Mica, he has good grades and won so many awards, aren't you motivated by him? Mica, don't mind her. Are those enough? I will prepare a salad bowl for you if you're not full."

"Thank you, Mrs.Behl. I appreciate your hospitality. This is enough and I don't mind sharing with Rosie." He pushed his plate towards Rosie and sat facing her while eating his breakfast. "Here Rosie, have some more."

"Haha! Yeah! Thanks Mica!" Rosie's face lit up. Compared to the egg mayo sandwich that her mother made for her, the double ham cheese sandwich with the fresh green lettuce he had was much more delicious. Sometimes she wondered if she was really her mother's daughter.

Mrs. Behl shook her head wondering why Mica gave in to her lazy daughter so much.

Rosie took another bite off his sandwich and couldn't help thinking how Mica was loved by everyone. Not only his parents doted on him a lot, her parents loved him like their son too, and it seemed even more so than their own daughter. Even the neighbors, the school teachers, his peers, her friends, he was always the center of attention everywhere he went.

Well, it's hard not to. Not only did he look stunning, he was also successful in his academics and recently even started helping in his father's business at just the age of 16. Talk about an overachiever!

End of Chapter 1