Chapter 6 Waffles

"You should be honest about it." Bethany crossed her arms.

Rosie looked sunken.

Who'd know that Mica would show up at this cafe, it totally caught her off guard. Why did she ever think that it would work... How did he know?

"For now, let's just finish the food," Bethany said, but Rosie didn't feel like moving the fork.

"You should try to explain to him later, let's hope he'll understand..." Bethany said, trying to make her feel better.

::::::::::::::::::

The tall guy who walked into the cafe just now stood in front of the counter.

"Hi, one buttermilk waffle to go, a whole one thanks."

The waitress glanced at the guy with the hoodie and a mask.

It's quite a sunny day, why is he covering himself so much?

"One whole buttermilk waffle. Ok, do you want a drink as well? We're currently having the set promo for the launch, it's more worth it to get the drink and waffle set."

"Then get me the iced tea."

After paying, he went to the side to wait for his order. Then, he saw a good-looking guy standing nearby.

Mica was looking at the promo board on the side of the cake display. The waitress behind the counter blushed as she kept staring at him and the customers nearby also sneaked a few glances at him.

He walked up towards the counter.

"Good afternoon, I would like to get an iced latte please."

"S-sure!" The waitress took his order.

"Let me pay for it."

The waitress looked up at the guy in the hoodie who walked back to the counter.

"It's fine, I'll pay for my order", said Mica.

"I insist... would you like to get the buttermilk waffle too? It's a new recipe and the ingredients are advertised to be imported."

"I'll just get the latte."

Before Mica had the chance to, the guy quickly handed the cash to the waitress. The waitress hesitated before she took the cash that was handed to her. She looked at Mica.

"It's alright," Mica said.

Then, the waitress put the cash into the register and handed Mica the receipt.

"Here, the money for the iced latte." Mica took out the exact change for the drink and handed it out to the guy.

"It's my treat, I want to get to know you-"

"Sorry I'm really busy, just take the money."

He stared for a while at the notes in Mica's hand. He hesitated for a while before he took it. His hand is so delicate.

"May I get your number?"

"I had to go now."

Mica turned around and walked away.

"Wait..." The guy quickly grabbed onto his arm.

Mica looked at the hand that was grabbing onto him and glared at the guy. The guy's grip tightened the moment he saw him glaring into his eyes. Feeling the grip tightened, Mica's gaze turned fierce and intense, where if he were to have a knife, he would slice him off.

Then the guy realized he went out of line and released his grip. "I'm sorry..." the guy said apologetically.

The guy stared as he walked away, touching his chest to calm himself down.

::::::::::::::::::

Mica returned to the table and sat beside Rosie.

"Why aren't you eating?"

"Mica, I'm sorry, I just wanted to hang out with them and there's the buttermilk waffles and all-"

"Rosie, it's fine, just finish your waffles, you won't get to enjoy it as much if it goes cold."

"But Mica-"

Mica took that fork with the piece of waffle and put it near her mouth, "Here, ahh~" Rosie took a bite and chewed.

Rosie kept looking at him for signs of whether he was still angry and he was just casually drinking his iced latte that was just served to him. Looking at their interactions, Bethany and Jessica exchanged glances.

Maybe there's nothing to be worried about at all.

End of Chapter 6