Chapter 2 Bear and Bike, Bear Bike

Rosie furrowed her brows thinking about something, then she felt a soft touch. Mica looked worried as he held out his finger and rubbed her brows. "Rosie, what are you thinking so hard that it's so wrinkled between your brows?"

"Thinking of the- thinking of next week's test of course." Then, she realized that she had spoken too fast.

"Test?" Mica.

"Y-Yea, I-I still haven't studied for t-the upcoming test! Yes, that's right! I'm going to meet up with my friends to study at the library after school..." Rosie looked up at him and almost choked seeing him staring earnestly. She quickly averted her eyes and took a few sips of the orange juice.

Is it me or is it kinda cold in here?

She felt a little chilly despite it being a sunny day. "Umm... So... Do you have a test next week too?"

He stared between her brows, there was a slight redness as he rubbed it quite hard just now.

"No."

He turned away from her and continued chatting with Mrs. Behl, and he didn't talk to her for the rest of the meal.

I think he's mad... Did he find out? <gulps>

That's the usual noisy mornings in the Behl's household. From a young age, Mica was introduced to her by their parents who were work friends. They thought it's a good idea that their little ones could play together as they were of the same age. Since then, he had been following her to the hip and cried whenever they were apart, even their parents had a hard time separating them. One day, out of the love for their child, Mica's parents bought the house next to Rosie's and moved to her neighborhood so they could be closer. Even now they were always hanging out together...

After they ate, Rosie followed Mica to his family's car outside. "You're here young master Mica, good morning Miss Rosie." His family driver greeted them.

"Good morning," Rosie replied.

She would always tag along in Mica's family car to school every morning. She took the bus to school a few times but now she just rode along with Mica, as Mica insisted. Mica and Rosie sat at the backseat together, he passed her a white canvas mid-sized carrier bag.

"Thank you Mica."

"You're welcome."

Then there was a moment of silence. Mica was looking at his electronic tablet on the latest news and stock market, while Rosie turned to Mica, saying, "Just now the sandwich was really delicious, wasn't it? I wish my mum would make more of those tomorrow."

"Mm." Mica nodded, still looking at his tablet.

"We can share tomorrow too, right?"

"Mm."

"What about bacon sausages and scrambled eggs instead of sandwiches?"

"Sure."

"Hmm.. maybe some dim sum for breakfast?"

"Anything."

"Look, there's a bear riding a bike! "

"..."

Then there was an awkward silence in the car, just the sound of the car's air conditioner.

::::::::::::::::::

Less than a mile away from the school compound, Rosie got out of the car and thanked Mica for the ride. They went to different schools, Rosie went to a local high school while Mica attended a private school.

"I will pick you up later."

"Sure, I'll see you later."

Rosie stood there seeing him off.

Wait... didn't she say she's going to the library later after school?

End of Chapter 2