."𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞".

Ellie was stood in the hospital room with Olivia. They had been called in over a domestic violence attack. "Do you need me to turn?" The victims, Micha asked as she was having her picture took.

"You're doing great, Micha," Olivia said told her with a smiled.

"I've swabbed her cuts for DNA.We're good to go."

"All right, thank you." Olivia said

"Again, Micha, we need to know who did this to you." Olivia said

"He didn't mean to do it."

"He" who?" Olivia  asked

"Your boyfriend?" Ellie asked

"Okay, you're gonna need to tell us his name." Olivia said

"Caleb.Caleb Bryant," Micha told them a she wiped away some tears.

Ellie looked to her and smiled. "It's going to be okay."

****

Ellie was sitting at her desk. Her phone went off signalling a text. She picked it up and grinned;

Lunch? My treat/ Rx
Well... I'll have to see what I can do/E x

Ellie sent the reply and sighed. She didn't know what was going on with her and Rafael. But she was enjoying it at the moment. He made her smile.

And he wasn't as cocky when they were alone. They laughed together and when they weren't having sex, they were watching movies.

****

"So you didn't see what happened?" Ellie asked as she questioned Micah's manager.

"No. But I can guess."

"Her boyfriend, Caleb Bryant? And you're his producer?" Ellie asked. Knowing she needed to get the facts about everything.

"No. Not anymore. I work with Micha now. I discovered her when she was nine years old. She's like a daughter to me. Their relationship... is complicated," the manager told her.

Ellie shook her head and sighed. "No, it isn't," she said.

She knew what a complicated relationship was. And this wasn't that.

****

Ellie and Amanda got to the recording study. They were both questioning the producer over the attack.

"A punch? I'd say it was more like a slap."

"Open hand? Closed hand? Can you see the difference? Or?" Ellie  said as she looked to him.

"All right, he punched her."

"Did you see him choke her?"

"For a hot second."

"There's a three-second rule in choking?" Ellie asked him as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not saying that. I'm just saying it was real quick."

"It was too quick for you to help her out, Mr. Ferrari?" Amanda asked as she showed him a picture of Micah.

"Just watch her get beat? You're just as disgusting as he is," Ellie spat.

****