.𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧.

Ellie knew how she and Rafael had been getting closer. They had gone for dinner a couple of times. She had been to his apartment for drinks. But nothing had happened between them.

Ellie knew she didn't want to complicate things. But she couldn't help but feel drawn to him. She had to somehow make it seem that she could resist him. But she felt like she couldn't.

Ellie was stood in the precinct. She dog she looked to the board. She looked to the board and frowned. as she took a sip of her coffee

"Harold Lassiter. Taught at Manor Hill Academy for over 30 years. Retired in '02," Nick said as he looked to the team.

"Manor Hill?" Amanda said

"Fanciest school in the city. 25 acres up in Riverdale. Tennis courts. Kid from my block got a scholarship there. Opened doors," Finn told them.

"My dad tried to get me into one of those.. until I all but went missing to avoid that. Remember?" Ellie asked as she turned to Liv.

"Yeah. Well lucky for you, they wouldn't take you. Now all this abuse in private school is coming out," Olivia said as Ellie nodded

"Well, not for Curt.We found his letter in the apartment. Alleging abuse. Listen to this. I was too young and powerless to say no," Olivia said as she read from the letter.

"One of Lassiter's students?" Amanda asked as she turned to the other woman.

"So what do we think? Curt went there for a visit. And staged a suicide?" Finn asked as he stood by Ellie.

Olivia thought for a moment before she spoke. "Hold on. There was no sign of a struggle. The ME is checking to see if he was killed first and then strung up. But she puts time of death between 9pm and Midnight," she told them.

Ellie frowned. "So does that make Curt a victim or a suspect?" She asked no one in particular.

"Maybe both. Either way we have to track him down," Olivia told them.

Ellie turned to her. "So how the hell do we do that? No last name. No print hits from the letter," she said.

"So we start with Manor Hill. Get a list of Lassiter's students," Nick said as he walked over to Ellie and stood by her.

Finn looked to him and spoke. "Think somebody up at that school wants to talk about abuse? Have a nice drive," he said.

"We will. And in the meantime Detective Tutuola, why don't you check in on your friend with the scholarship. And see if they knew Lassiter or Curt," Liv told him as she left with Nick.

****

Ellie had gone to get some lunch. She saw Rafael and smiled. "Anyone would think you're stalking me," she said as she looked to him.

Rafael smirked. "You wish. I got hungry. Aren't you meant to be finding something for me to be the cocky ADA over?" He asked.

Ellie shrugged and winked. "Well. I don't know about the cocky. But I do think you're a good ADA."

"You don't think I'm cocky?"

"Not really. Why? Do you want me to think you're cocky?" Ellie said as she ordered her food. She turned back to him. "I never got an answer."

Rafael smirked. "Dinner on me?"

Ellie shrugged. She smiled. "I'll see if I can fit you into my busy schedule," she said as she walked off.