You came back to me (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

And with that Natasha rushed out of the room as fast as she could, not leaving any space for Bruce to protest.

Leaving him no other choice than to run multiple DNA tests.

Later that night, Natasha was sitting on the edge of her bed, deeply lost in thoughts, when Clint entered the room without even knocking first.

"What are you doing here, Clint?" Natasha sighed tired

"What do you think you're doing, Natasha?" Clint snapped back at her "Bruce told me what you asked him to do. Is there something I should know?"

"No..." The woman quietly answered

"I don't think you'll ever go this crazy for nothing. I know it's about Y/N, who by the way, keeps asking for you. But I don't understand what... You've noticed something strange?" Clint crossed his arms, waiting for an answer

After a few moments of considering whether she should tell Clint or not, she nodded her head.

"Y/N..." Natasha let out a shakey breath "She has a scar on the back of her head, hidded by her hair."

"And?" Clint encouraged her to go on

"It's in the exact same spot where Dreykov shot my Y/N when he killed her..." She tried her hardest not to cry

Something clicked in Clint's head and he sat down next to his best friend with a long sigh.

"Do you remember the day we found the grave?" Clint asked, looking at Nat "I know for a fact that I will never be able to forget it. Not even if I tried."

"How could I forget?" The woman finally allowed herself to cry

~~~~~

It's been 2 years since the day Natasha lost everything. Since the day her world came crashing down and only left a big hole inside her.

For the past 8 months, ever since Clint became her best friend, he had done nothing but search for the grave of the child he hadn't even met but started to love because of Natasha's stories about her.

And he did. He actually found it with a lot of help from some people that owed a debt to him.

It was a cloudy day when Clint told Natasha that he found the grave and she, practically, begged him to take her there in that instance.

Much to Clint's surprise, the grave was placed in a really quiet forest not so far from the place they currently lived.

He was there every second of that painful encounter and the scene in front of him will haunt his dreams forever, becoming one of his multiple nightmares related to Natasha.

Clint felt the cold summer rain starting to pour down the moment Natasha laid eyes on the little gravestone in front of her.

But Natasha didn't.

She didn't feel the cold raindrops soaking her up.

The pain inside her was so strong that she couldn't feel the physical pain anymore.

With small and shy steps the 24-year-old woman approached the grave that had become the new home of her beloved baby.

She fell to her knees and hugged the gravestone so tight that someone from afar would believe she was actually hugging her child again, planting kisses all over the dirty and cold stone.

"Y/N?" Natasha sobbed out with all her heart "Oh, Y/N. What are you doing here, baby? You were supposed to be home playing with your puppy while laughing and running around the house, not lying here in the rain. It's cold out here, my love. You might get sick. You have to come with me inside. We can do anything you want. We can play or cuddle or bake cookies or anything you want us to do... Just get up and come with me, baby girl. Get up! I love you!"