Be a family

Created: 11.02.2022

Finished: 22.08.2022

Edited: 13.09.2023

Age: 9

Word count: 1,854

Warnings: Getting lost, Strangers

Request: No

Pairing: WinterWidow

Summary: You get lost, but luckily, a kind stranger helps you find your mother.

After being a part of the Avengers for a few years, Natasha decided that she wanted to retire and try to live a normal life for you. She was done with all the fighting and after everything, the retirement had been long overdue for her. She deserved that normal life she wished so much for her and you.

So she did.

That was two years ago and Natasha had lost any contact with the Avengers, besides Clint, so she mainly had no idea of what was going on over there.

Fury had indeed tried several times to make her reconsider her choice and come back to the agency but Natasha didn't even want to hear about it, leaving no other choice for Fury than to give up on the hope of bringing her back to the team.

Today your mom decided to take you to the park.

It was the perfect spring day for a walk in the park. It was warm despite the gentle cold breeze, the sun shining the brightest he had in the last 3 months and everything looked so lively.

You both had so much fun walking and talking and eating ice cream. This day couldn't get any better.

But there was one catch.

And it was that the park was rather a really big one. I mean, it was Central Park in New York, of course it was going to be huge.

It only took one second of distraction and you got separated from your mother and found yourself lost.

You were not so little anymore, but you still got scared when your mom wasn't by your side.

She provided you with the much-needed feeling of safety and love and now that Natasha suddenly disappeared from beside you, you felt very vulnerable.

Anything could happen.

With no idea of what to do you sat down on a side and put your head in your hands about to start crying when all of a sudden a voice startled you.

"Hey, kid. Are you okay?" A soft and deep voice was heard from somewhere near you

You raised your head and found a man in front of you.

His brown hair reached out almost to his shoulders, his sky-blue eyes looked at you with softness. His tall, muscular body was crunched in front of you and his left arm looked funny.

Very funny actually.

And what was even more funny was that a red star was painted on it.

You shook your head "In a second I was next to my mama and in the next one, I couldn't find her." You burst out crying

"So you got lost? Umm... Okay... Look!" The man slightly smiled at you "What if I help you find her? What do you say? She must be so worried right now." He proposed

"Mommy told me to not trust strangers." You sniffed as you remembered what your mom always tells you before going out

"And she's right!" The man raised a finger as if a little light from above had just enlightened him "Here..." He extended his arm "I'm Bucky. What's your name, doll?"