A mother's love

Created: 25.02.2023

Finished: 26.02.2023

Edited: 14.09.2023

Age: Newborn, 6, 9, 19

Word count: 12,782

Warnings: Blood, Violence, Coma, Health problems, Medical equipment

Request: Yes (Wattpad user)

Summary: After your solo mission goes wrong, Natasha is left to deal with the aftermath.

"Do you have everything?" Your mother asked you worried "Spare guns, enough weapons, two suits, all the information about the target, your Widow Bites?"

"Calm down, Mama." You calmly stated, placing your hands on her shoulders "I have everything I need. Besides, it's only a one-day mission." You pointed out "I'll be back before dinner."

"You better!" Your godmother, Wanda, laughed as she passed by you and your mom talking in the living room "I'm making your favorite for dinner tonight to celebrate your first solo mission."

"Thanks, Aunt Wanda!" You shouted after her "You are the best!"

"Alright, that's enough." Your kom sternly told you and you frowned at her, not understanding why the sudden change in her behavior "Promise me you'll be safe. Okay?" She said now in a soft and hushed tone "I need you to promise me that you won't start wandering off, doing God knows what, stupid things you might do instead of finishing your mission and do not, and I mean it, do not, by all means, let your guard down or ignore Maria's orders from the base. Do you understand it? Since you're going to be alone, there will be no one to have your back. That's why you need to be very cautious."

You sighed and rolled your eyes, tired of your mother's speech.

"Fine. I promise." You dragged out in a bored tone of your voice

"Thank you." Natasha nodded before moving her hands and resting them on your cheeks as she gently cupped your face "I love you so much, baby. Please be careful. I can't risk anything bad happening to you. You're all I have in this world. My miracle."

"You know, one day you'll have to finally tell me why you keep on calling me your miracle." You chuckled "It's not like you're the only woman in the world who had just one child."

Natasha kept silent for a moment before nodding as she gave you a small, shy smile.

"How about you come back to me in one piece and unharmed tonight and after dinner, I'll tell you why I call you that? Huh?" Natasha asked

"Deal!" You nodded quite excited about your mom's trade

Natasha pulled your face closer to her as she leaned and kissed your forehead.

"Be careful, my love." She whispered once she rested her forehead on yours, booping your nose with her own "Mama loves you so much."

"Love you too, Mama." You brightly smiled before having to interrupt the sweet moment "I really have to go now. See you at dinner." You called out as you started walking away to the QuinJet, leaving your mother alone with her thoughts and worries

"Natasha Junior? Do you copy?" Maria Hill asked you through the comms as she had been assigned to be the one to coordinate your mission from the S.H.I.E.L.D. quarters

"Firstly, I do, Agent Hill." You responded "And secondly, why do you keep on calling me Natasha Junior? My name is Y/N!"

"One day, kid." Maria answered "Maybe one day I'll tell you. Now focus on the mission." The brunette instructed "Your target is supposed to be on the fifth floor. Eliminate it!" She ordered