"Thank you, Miss." Natasha smiled as she took the plate with the cup from your hands

Even though for you the cup was a normal size for your little hands, for Natasha it was very tiny and she struggled to lift it with two fingers and not just one.

"Mama!" You whined as you saw your mother struggle with the cup "You have to keep your pinky up!"

Natasha awkwardly smiled at you as you proceeded to demonstrate to her how the cup should be held.

"Like this?" Natasha asked as she clumsily tried to mimic your actions

"Exactly!" You cheered with a bright smile "Good job, Mama!"

Natasha smiled at how sweet you were.

"So how has your day been, Miss?" Natasha asked as she pretended to take a sip from the cup, trying to make small talk with her 4-year-old

"My day was fantastic!" You replied "Aunt Wanda made me some pancakes." You stated, even though Natasha knew pretty well that, because she was the one that fed them to you

"Wow, baby!" Natasha gasped impressed "That sounds wonderful!"

You were so happy to be playing with your mama and to talk with her about everything and anything.

You knew how important her work was for her and yet she let it all aside to be able to spend some quality time with you.

"Would Mr. Bear like to have a biscuit as well?" Natasha held up a biscuit in front of your favorite stuffed teddy bear, as she pretended to talk with your stuffed animals "Oh, sure, Mr. Bear." Natasha answered herself as she put the biscuit on a toy plate in front of Benny the Bear "I'll leave it right here."

Natasha's actions sent you bursting into a fit of giggles as you found her actions absolutely hilarious.

Natasha looked at you with a smile on her face and an adoring look in her eyes as she listened to your cute giggles that were like the music of the angels to her ears.

About half an hour later, Natasha was still pretending to have a conversation with your toys, all while she also kept on asking you different questions about what would you like for you two to do in your next vacation.

"How about we go down the big waterslide for the first time, together, Y/N?" Your mother proposed, turning to look from your stuffies at you, knowing how much you wanted to be able to go down the big waterslide once you were old enough to do it.

You hummed as a response to Natasha's proposal as you were having the toughest battle with the sleep that was threatening to take over you as you tried your best to keep your eyes open for as long as you could, wanting nothing more than to be able to spend as much time as you could with your mama before she went back to her paperwork.

Natasha spared a glance at the clock on the wall in front of her and noticed that it was way past your afternoon nap time.

Of course you were tired and sleepy.

Quickly but carefully, Natasha shifted from the place she was sitting in, closer to you, and gently scooped you up, placing you on her lap as she started rubbing your back in a soothing motion of up and down.

She proceeded in starting to sing a quiet lullaby.

Your favorite lullaby, in fact.

She knew you wouldn't be able to resist this one specific song, as every single time was successfully lulling you to sleep in your loving mother's arms and this time was no exception.

Mid-song, the older redhead glanced down at you as she felt your body relaxing in her arms with your head resting on her chest.

She was hoping to find you asleep but to her great surprise, you were still trying your hardest to fight sleep back.

She moved from rubbing your back to stroking your hair with one hand and instead of singing, she settled for quiet humming and rocking both of your bodies from left to right.

"It's okay, sweetheart." Natasha whispered in your ear "Mama is here. You can sleep."

That seemed to do the trick because before knowing it, you were out like a light.

Natasha smiled at your cuteness, as she kissed the top of your head, placing a soft kiss on its crown.

She carefully stood up with you in her arms and sat back down at her desk in order to be able to keep writing those reports for Fury.

You kept on sleeping undisturbed in your mother's arms as Natasha kept on aweing at your sleeping form from time to time and kept an arm protectively around you.

This is the quality time Natasha would give everything up for, so she could be able to keep having this bond with you forever.