Chapter 75: A credible threat

Start from the beginning

"Mason said it's not just to transmit frequency. It's high-powered- like, it has to be a really strong signal." Liam said as he, Scott, Stiles, Zander, Amelia and Lydia sit around in the library.

"And that's causing it to shift?" Lydia asked.

Scott shaked his head slightly "No, I don't think it's just that. Last night, Derek said that it's getting smarter. What if the Dread Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster?" He suggested.

"With frequencies?"

"No, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf." Scott said and realization crossed over Lydia's features as she sighed.

"Like Peter." She said.

Scott nodded. "Yeah, when Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed, and he was back to normal."

"So, the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon." Liam said.

Scott nodded, "They want want the Beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible." He said.

"Because of Parrish and Lia." Liam said looking towards Amelia.

She scoffed "No matter how strong it is. In the end I'm going to kill the mother fucker."

"But, if this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?" Lydia asked.

"Uh, we've got one clue to go on." Stiles said before pulling a crime scene photo out of his backpack "This came from the hospital- whoever's lurking inside the Beast is wearing a size-10 of indeterminate make." He said.

Zander raise his eyebrows at him "Indeterminate?"

"It means it's a partial print. Basically, it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood, and carnage..." Stiles explained.

Scott sighed softly "How many size-10 are out there?" He asked.

Stiles shrugged "Only one with Parrish's blood on the shoe."

Liam looks anxious as he glances back and forth between Scott, Lydia, Zander, Amelia and Stiles.

"So, are we going to try to get the game cancelled?" Liam asked.

"No. No, we're going to play, but we're just going to hope really hard that it doesn't turn into a blood-soaked massacre." Stiles said sarcastically.

"Okay, but, umm... Aren't we kind of missing out on a chance to catch this thing? We don't have the 'who,' but we have the'where' and the'when.'" Liam said.

Amelia sighed and shook her head, "There'll be too many people." She said.

"And we still don't actually know if it's going to happen. It just might end up being a regular lacrosse game. It's possible... right?" Lydia asked.

Amelia shook her head "Something tells me it won't be a regular lacrosse game."

"So, we're still getting the game cancelled?" Liam asked.

Scott nodded "We're getting the game canceled." Scott said and the all get up to leave.

" Scott said and the all get up to leave