| Year 3 | Chapter 13: The match

Start from the beginning

I only found out why she wasn't going to Poppy the next morning, the Saturday of our Quidditch match against Hufflepuf.

"Poppy would have banned me from playing," Lucy exclaims. "Wood would have had a seizure if he had to find another Chaser so last-minute."

I can't disagree, I feel like he's already having a seizure, by the looks of him. "okay lads!" He calls for our attention in the changing rooms.

"And ladies!" Angelina adds as she, Katie and Lucy enter our changing rooms to hear Wood's pep talk.

"And ladies. I know this match is something you all underestimated, but please take it serious now."

"Of course we take it serious Oliver," Fred interrupts him with an eyeroll to the rest of us.

"This is exactly what I mean. But nonethe- less, I trust that at least the rest of you will. We've trained hard for this, I know we can do it. Think of all the tactics we practiced and focused on the past weeks, we should be able to win today."

The weather is the only thing that could really hold us all back today. It's storming so much I bet it isn't actually safe to play, but at least that's a disadvantage the Hufflepuf team also has to deal with.

We get out there, it only takes a milisecond for me to get absolutely soaked through. I can't imagine how ill most of us are going to be after all this. But there's something else: my glasses are unfixable in this kind of weather. I have no clue how I'm ever going to spot a bludger coming my way, let alone the Snitch.

I faintly hear Madam Hooch's whistle blow, indicating the start of the match and I kick off strongly. We are all in the air swiftly and the match starts off.

I vaguely hear the commentating on the match, but I can't make out the words and since I see barely a thing, I have no idea what the score is until I hear Madam Hooch's stop signal.

"What is it?!" I call over the rumbling clouds to Wood.

"I asked for a time-out!" Wood fetches an umbrella from someone and the team comes to stand under it. "Harry, please catch that Snitch fast, we're not gonna keep up long in this weather."

"Stop pressuring him Oliver," Lucy tells him and her tone shuts him up at once. She turns to me next. "Gimme your glasses, I remember that spell of 'Mione's." She indeed does, and now I can see again through my glasses.

"Thanks Lu," I mutter, but I feel a little sheepish for not knowing the spell myself.

"Alright lads, time's up!" Wood gives the umbrella back to who I now make out as Alicia Spinnet. "Let's go get 'em everyone!"

*~*

Lucy's POV:

The match continues and we're doing better than the Hufflepufs are, but barely. I can't really make out all that well who's in my team and who isn't, so I just keep the Quaffle as long as I can.

The storm only gets worse and I curse the extra time I'll have to spend in the Hospital Wing for the cold that is bound to come after this. Poppy will certainly not be pleased.

I hear screaming from the stands, so I look up and a chill runs down my spine, but not of the cold. There's at least a hundred Dem- entors looming over the match, coming nearer with each second. Where is Harry?

I start hearing the roar of the wolf again, far away, but definitely. No, no, please...

"HARRY!" My brother suddenly comes fall- ing from the sky, without a broom, so defin- itely actually falling. Without thinking, I fly right after him, followed closely by Fred and George.