| Year 3 | Chapter 5: Back to school

Lucy's POV:

The rest of our time in Diagon Alley, we go around finding new shops, get our school supplies (and some more interesting items). one time we even contemplated on visiting Knockturn Alley, but decided against it.

"I mean, you're literally a mass murderer's main target right now," Liliana said with a scrunched up face. "We'd better not risk it, maybe."

Plus, if Harry, Ron or Hermione would've found out, I'd have lost my freedom forever.

There was enough to do on Diagon Alley anyway: everyone we know was there: Luna, Dean, Seamus, Neville and all our classmates.

I spent the entire day with Dean and Seam- us when they were here with the Finnigan family. Mrs. Finnigan was pretty nice too, much better than some people.

We went to the Quidditch store, even though the boys both don't play. They loved it nonetheless and we had so much fun in all the stores: getting new robes for them both, since they seem to grow ten feet with each year.

"We should get ice cream!" I say at the end of the day, pointing them to Florean's Ice Cream Parlour already. He's been giving me discounts all summer.

"I've only been there once," Dean says, eyes shining with anticipation. "It was delicious! First year, I had no idea yet. Let alone time, with Professor Flitwick there too."

"You got the news from Flitwick?!" I laugh at the idea of the Thomas' reaction to Flitwick at their door. Even if Muggles also have such small people, I can't imagine he could ever look mugglish, even if he tried really hard.

"Let's say it was an... eventful day," Dean responds and Seamus and I both burst out laughing. We got ice cream, Dean trying two new types.

"They're so bloody good!"

Anyway, summer was already drawing to an end sadly. Well, at least I'll see almost every- one everyday at school... almost everyone.

There's no Remus Lupin at Hogwarts.

He didn't say anything about it during the Full Moon, but Remus looked very stressed and down. It must be Sirius Black escaping, he must be worried. And he's Voldemort's follower, of course: Mom and Dad's killer.

I didn't ask him about Marley's mom for that exact reason. He always gets a bit sad talk- ing about his teenage years and he's already in a lot of pain. I'm honestly a bit worried, and that's saying something, I think.

"Let's go pack your stuff kids!" Mrs. Weasley says after dinner the last evening. I go with Harry to our shared room, while Ginny and Liliana both go to theirs.

"How are you doing?" He asks as soon as my door is closed. "I feel like we haven't really talked this summer... at all." That is true. I can't deny avoiding him at times, purely because I didn't want to have the conver- sation about the Moon, or the Dursleys.

"I mean, we've been busy with our friends," I sigh as I start folding my clothes and putting them in my trunk. "It's quite normal not to spend all day with your sibling if you have different friends."

"But we don't," Harry frowns down at me, trying to force me to look at him, but I resist. "You like Ron and Hermione. They're your friends too!"

"Yeah well, I am better friends with Ginny and Liliana. You know that!"

"Are sure you're okay Lu?" I groan in frust- ration as I finally look at him. "Yes, I'm good Harry! I can take care of myself too, you know."

"I'm not saying you can't!" Harry responds angrily. "I'm just worried, with everything going on right now! And you keep taking risks!"