Chapter 12: Trick or Treat!

Harry's POV:

A month had gone by now and it was Halloween feast tonight. Lucy had had a full moon here and the next was close now. I tried talking to her about it, but she wouldn't open up.

It must've been bad, seeing the new cuts she'd gained afterwards.

I had gone to visit the morning after im- mediately, despite both Madam Pomfrey and Lucy's protests. She was a mess really and that hurt me, because I knew my lively sister too well.

She had also pulled a few pranks with her newfound friends. They were pretty tight knotted and very loyal to one another.

The pranks were hillarious, they even topped some of Fred and George's!

Colin Creevey wasn't safe anymore: they had bewitched his camera so it would scream every time Colin was about to go ask someone for a picture or in my case, an autograph, so we had time to run.

Lockart wasn't lucky either: after eating some cookies baked by one of his 'secret admirers', he turned into a troll! He still had his own mind though, it wasn't too dangerous.

But Lockart was so mortified that he screamed in his own high-pitched voice and ran out, scaring many kids to almost death.

It was hilarious.

Ron and Hermione were now talking about it, with Hermione scowling all the time.

"Honestly, he's a teacher!" She nagged on. "She could at least show some respect!"

"You only say that because you fancy him," Lucy said with a devilish grin as she passed by.

"No I don't!" Hermione scowled, but a blush formed on her cheeks. "I just think we students should respect the professors!"

"Why? Because we're so inferior? That's bullshit!"

Hermione sighed and left, to go to the library as usual.

"Anyways, what you guys up to today?" Ron asked Lucy, completely ignoring what just happened.

"Nothing much really..." Lucy said, but her face and those of her friends said otherwise. "What 'bout you?"

Ron groaned at the thought of our invitation. "We're going to Nearly Headles Nick's death day party."

"Wait, you mean the ghosts celebratr their death?!" Liliana Shacklebolt said wide-eyed. "That's insane!"

"I hope at least the food's good," Ron sighed while staring ahead in distraught.

"Oh c'mon, Nick's a great guy," Vanessa said, nudging Ron.

"Wait, where's Ginny?" Ron asked suddenly and then I realised that Ginny was indeed not with them.

"She said she'd come join us later," Lucy answered a little worried. "Said she wasn't feeling great, but she'll come later."

"But she's OK, just feeling a bit down today I think," Liliana added to ease Ron.

At lunch Lucy, Liliana and Vanessa went to sit with some other first-years, while we sat with Dean and Seamus and Neville.

"So what've your sister an' her friends got planned Harry?" Seamus asked when we sat down.

"And Ginny Weasley of course," Dean added quickly, looking at Ron nervously, but he barely reacted.

"No idea, she wouldn't tell us..." I sighed but shrugged in the end, giving up on finding out. I'd find out soon enough.

"They should really stop this," Hermione said when she sat down next to Ron. "They'll get themselves expelled!"