Chapter 2: (Birthday) issues

Lucy's POV:

When I walked down the hall way of our school, I knew I was gonna be in big trouble again.

If only I could just either stand up for myself in a normal way or ignore the stupid b*tches from my class... but alas, that was not something I could really do.

I stopped when I reached the next classroom, which was Harry's, my older brother. It also happened to be my cousin's, which was always less fortunite, but I knew he wouldn't try anything in the hall way anyway.

Not even Dudley Dursley was that thick.

Harry came out of the classroom, greeted me and we started walking outside.
"Had a nice day?" Harry asked, probably already feeling something was off.

"I knocked Brittany down without touching her..." Harry sighed and put a comforting arm around my shoulders. "I really tried to keep calm, it just..."

Harry suddenly started laughing "Brittany's a monster, d'you really think I care?" He said when I gave him a confused look. "Though I think the Dursely's are gonna try to kill you for it, but don't worry about that yet, alright?" I nod and we stop by our aunt and uncle - Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon and of course, Dudley's - house.

Inside, Aunt Petunia was in the midst of a phone call and she ushered us to the living room, looking vivid. This couldn't be good and Harry obviously thought the same, as he let out a slightly nervous breath before we entered.

After the phone call, she sat opposite of us and handed me a letter from our school's headmaster. It contained complains about some 'accidents' of Harry and mine, again. Apparently, I was not alone in my sudden accidental outbursts, which no one could explain but were always our fault, according to everyone else.

"Explain..." Aunt Petunia said icy.

"It was an accident really!" I said, trying to hide my shaky voice. The Dursely's might be our family, but they were cruel and never believed us...

I went to bed late that night, doing all sorts of jobs after cleaning up my bloody face. Uncle Vernon had gone violent again when he had read the letter.

"You okay?" I asked as I saw Harry sitting up in the cupboard we shared as a bedroom. He nodded and asked me the same, before we both tried to sleep a little.

~_~

Harry's POV:

Next day was not much better than the one before, even though that one was really bad already: I had, once again, not been able to avoid Uncle Vernon's punching or even prevented him from hurting Lucy, which I knew I was responsible for.

Dudley's birthday was today, which basically meant that Dudley, Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon went to some fun place, leaving me and Lucy at Mrs. Figg, a weird neighbour with a lot of cats.

This morning however, it was different: Lucy and I walked into the kitchen and made breakfast as always, putting them on stands, as the table was totally filled with presents for Dudley.

After breakfast, at which Dudley had received 36 presents (which apparantly, was not even enough, so Dudley threw a huge scene) Mrs. Figg called to tell us she had broken her leg, so she couldn't have us there.

"This is tragic," Aunt Petunia said. "What do we do with them now?!" She pointed at us like we were dirt, but we were used to this by now.

"What about that friend of yours?" Uncle Vernon suggested.

"On holiday to Ibiza," Aunt Petunia ans- wered sadly. "Maybe Marge?"

Lucy looked up panicy. She was the meanest person in our lifes.

"Petunia, you know she hates these two," Uncle Vernon luckily scoffs, saving us.

"We could just stay here," I suggest hopefully; maybe we could play on Dudley's new computer or something.

"Never gonna happen, they'll break down the house!" Petunia shrieks, as though the idea alone gave her a panic attack. "We could just leave them in the car, while we go to the zoo," she suggested, but Uncle Vernon shivered immediately.

"That car is brand new, I will not let them ruin it!"

I sighed, annoyed and replyed: "It's not like we're gonna destroy everything here..." the Dursely's ignored me, as usually.

"I don't want them there!" Dudley suddenly yelled. "They always ruin everything!"

After some time, they had no choice but to take me and Lucy with them to the zoo, as Pierce, Dudley's friend, who was coming too, had arrived.

Uncle Vernon took us by the arm before we entered the car. "I swear to you," he started threateningly. "If you put one toe out of line, you'll be locked in your cupboard for the rest of the year!" We nodded to say we understood and entered.

We had never been in a zoo before and were absolutely amazed.

What was even better: when we went to an ice cream selling stall and Dudley got the biggest ice cream there was, the sweet girl - probably around 21 years old - asked us what we wanted to have before the
Dursley's could go on. They ignored her, but she was obviously really sorry for us, so she gave me and Lucy two lolliepops for free, winking at us.

They were probably the cheapest she had, but they were amazing nonetheless.

After some time, we went into the reptile house, where Dudley had soon found the biggest snake they had. The huge snake was, however, fast asleep at that moment.
"Make it move!" Dudley ordered, like spoiled 3 year-old. Uncle Vernon knocked on the glass a couple of times, but the snake did not move.

"Do it again!" Dudley said, getting annoyed.
When this exact same thing happened (so basically, nothing) Dudley found it boring and they continued through the reptile house. Lucy and I stayed with the snake, which now started moving, annoyed.

"I bet you get this all the time, right?" Lucy asked it, as though she expected an answer.
And then, out of nowhere, the snake nodded.

Both Lucy and I were stunned at this. "You understood me?!" Lucy said, still shocked. It nodded again rolled its eyes at Dudley and Pierce. "Tzhey alwaysss do tzhatt..." the snake slissed and I felt like I could faint. Lucy seemed to be in the same state as I was.

"Y-you can even talk?!" I asked dumbstruck.
"DUDLEY! MR. DURSELY, LOOK!" Pierce yelled, pointing at us. he had obviously spotted us talking to the snake.

Dudley and Pierce came running to us and while Pierce knocked me down, Dudley did the same with Lucy.

I slowly got really mad. Dudley just knocked my sister down preety hard and although she seemed okay, it could have been really bad!

Suddenly, Dudley and Pierce, who were leaning on the glass to watch the snake, fell forwards. The glass had vanished out of thin air.

They screamed, scared to death it seemed. The snake that had been locked inside, slythered out of the terrarium, slissed a last "tzhank youu..." at me and Lucy and left the reptile house, making people it passed scream too.

In the meantime, Aunt Petunia and Uncle had come yelling by the glass, having seen exactly what had happened. They were both not pleased with me and Lucy, clearly knowing we were brhind it. The glass had reappeared after the snake had escaped and now, Dudley and Pierce were trapped in the terrarium, still screaming.

Uncle Vernon gave us one look that said enough: we were in the biggest trouble we had ever been in.

_____________________________

A/N:
Woah, this chapter is so longgg. I don't know if the rest will be this long, tbh...
Hope you like it!!

Btw, everytime a new long-term character is introduced, I'll post it in author's note after this, just this once it's not.