Chapter 9 - The East Wolf-Demon Tribe

Once inside his den, I looked around. It was a large cave with a fire in the middle. Scattered around the cave were wolves and wolf-demons, all in their own groups mixed together. They were conversing amongst themselves until they sensed or smelt us enter their den. They looked to Koga and then to the group and me. Some wolves snarled, and some wolf-demons growled lowly at the sight of Inuyasha. Two wolf-demons stood from a corner of the cave and approached Koga. They both looked to be 16 as well, one had silvery-white, fluffy hair with a cluster of black fluffy hair going down the middle of it, black eyes, and tan skin. The other wolf-demon boy was mostly bald, a silvery-white mohawk in the middle of his head, black eyes, almost sickly-looking white skin, and they both had brown fluffy wolf tails similar to Koga's. They stood in front of Koga, eyeing him curiously.

       "Koga, I'm glad you brought sister Kagome here, but why Inuyasha and the rest of his group?" The one with the black hair in the middle said, not taking his eyes off Koga.

       "And who's the dragon-demon?" The mohawk one added, glancing over at me, the black haired one followed his gaze to look at me too.

       "This is Tsukiko, Demon Lord Kousei's daughter, and I didn't want to bring mutt-face, but I had to," Koga responded, putting a hand on his hip and shutting his eyes, irritated. Inuyasha growled, raising his fist, but before he could say or do anything, the two wolf-demons approached me quickly.

       "You're Kousei's new daughter? I heard his stepdaughter Sasuke allowed a girl to have her body since she was already deathly-ill, but I didn't know this is what she looked like...!" The black fluffy haired boy said, studying my face excitedly.

       "Ginta, calm down. Both of you give her some space," Koga ordered them calmly, Ginta and the mohawk boy backing away promptly, nodding.

       "Sorry Koga, we've just never seen such an interesting dragon before, is she a half-breed like the two twin sons of the Dragon Lady of Pluto?" the mohawk boy asked, looking at me up and down, trying to take in all my features. I pressed my lips together, shifting my weight nervously. "Dragon Lady of Pluto? Twin sons? They must be my aunt and cousins."

       "Yes Hakkaku, can't you smell it? She's a half-breed," Koga responded, Hakkaku nodding understandingly. Miroku cleared his throat, stepping forward towards Koga.

       "Thank you for letting us stay here for the night, Koga. We don't want to be a bother to your pack or anything," Miroku said, bowing slightly. Koga shook his hand, dismissing his thanks.

       "No need to thank me, a friend of Kagome is a friend of mine, except for mutt-face over there," Koga answered, putting his hands on his hips and grinning cockily at Inuyasha, who just growled in response.

       It had been a few hours, it was decently into the night, Kagome, Shippo, and Sango were already asleep against the large form of Kirara who was also sleeping. Inuyasha was beside me on my right, Sesshomaru behind me against the wall. Miroku was asleep against the wall beside Sango.

       "Do we have to stay with this wolf-cub?" Inuyasha asked, his arms crossed in front of his chest and his eyes narrowed at Koga. Koga, Ginta, and Hakkaku sat across from Inuyasha, the fire separating them. Koga rolled his eyes and growled.

       "Don't be such a stubborn pup, dog-breath. I'm not interested in Kagome if that's what you're worried about," Koga said, narrowing his eyes at Inuyasha. Inuyasha raised an eyebrow, his white dog ears twitching at Koga's words.

       "You're not...?" Inuyasha asked him, I could tell Inuyasha was shocked by his voice and expression. Koga shook his head.
"I've realized that you've made her your woman, so I've set my eyes on someone else, Tsukiko," Koga finished, glancing at me and giving me a sly smile. My eyes widened slightly, my cheeks heating up with blush, when someone pulled me from behind and towards them. I glanced over my shoulder as Inuyasha and Koga looked at who pulled me...