Chapter Nine: Lonnie's New Hair

"Mom said, "If a boy can't see the beauty within", then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Jane complained.  "Auradon." Mal and Quinn responded. "M, Q, G, you like?" Evie said, holding a pretty blue dress she was sewing.

"Yeah." Mal said.

"It brings out your eyes." Gwen said.

"Thanks, G." She said, smiling a sweet smile. "I'll never get a boyfriend." Jane said, sitting down on Mal's bed. "Boyfriends are overrated." Mal said. "Agreed." Gwen said. "And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one." Evie said. "No offense though." She said to me. "None taken." Gwen said.

"It's 'cause I don't need one, E. They're a waste of time." Mal said. Evie instantly stopped what she was doing. "I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no." "And that is exactly what we mean." Gwen said.

"But didn't you see Jane's?" Lonnie says to me, trying to drag Bea out the dorm room. She groaned and whined. "I want my hair like that." "Then go to Mal's dorm." Bea said, falling on the floor. "I'm tired." "No you're not!" Lonnie said, sniffing out her lie. "And I don't want to go by myself. They're evil."

"Says who?" Bea asked, bringing my face off the blue rug. Lonnie sat down next to me, pouting. "Please?" she said. Bea groaned.
"Fine, fine." She said. Lonnie helped her up and Bea dusted her light blue dress. "Let's go."

time skip brought to you by Carlos being adorable~

Lonnie knocked on the door of Mal's dorm before walking in. Bea walked in behind her, waving to Mal, Evie, Quinn, Gwen and Jane. Evie gave her a small squeeze as the fairy sat down on the table.

"Hey guys!" Lonnie said. "I'm Lonnie," she looks around as the four VK girls don't say anything. "My mom's Mulan," they still don't say anything. "No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. and I know you hate us. and well, you're evil-"

"Lonnie no," Bea said, trying to keep her eyes from closing.

"But, do you think you could do mine?" Lonnie said, touching her bangs.

"Why would I do that for you?" Mal asked, looking up from her sketchbook.

"I pay you fifty dollars?" Lonnie said, holding up a silk pouch.

"Good answer," Evie said, taking the pouch from Lonnie. "I need to buy more material. Let's see, I'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights-"

"No, no," Lonnie said with a laugh, cutting off Evie. "I want it cool, like Mal's and Quinn's." "Really?" Evie said, looking unimpressed. "Split ends too?"

"Evie," Bea sighed.

"What?" she smiled. "A good person is truthful." she winked at the fairy as she smiled, shaking her head. She's not wrong. Mal looks at Evie who just shakes the silk pouch. Mal groaned, rolling off the bed. She walks over to the bedside table, taking out a book. Maybe it's a spell book. Cool.

"Okay," Mal said. She flicked through the pages then smiled at Lonnie. "Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair." She slammed the book shut, pointing her fingers at Lonnie's face. Lonnie's bangs and bob grows out to thick brown curls. Lonnie touches her face, walking over to the very long mirror in Mal and Evie's room.

Bea stood next to her.

"I know, I know." Evie started, looking in the mirror. "It looks like a mop in your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it-"

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" Lonnie said, checking herself out. "I love it."

"You do?" Evie questioned blankly.

"It's just.." Lonnie ripped off the edge of her skirt with a smile, leaving Mal, Quinn and Gwen with disturbed faces. "Now I'm cool."

"Like ice," Mal said to Lonnie. Jane walked over to the mirror, mimicking Lonnie's actions. She rips her dress, then looked like she regretted it immediately.

"What did I just do...?" she said. "Mom's going to kill me," Bea shook my head with laugh. Just then, Allyson ran in. "Jane, there you are!" She exclaimed. She looked at the tear in her dress.

"Come on. I'll help you fix it." She held out her hand and Jane took it and they exited together. "We'd better go too." Bea said. Lonnie nodded. "See ya girls." Lonnie said.