As you're in your own world, flipping pages over pages, Minji eventually noticed, piqued her curiosity as she secretly glanced her eyes to the page you're reading.

"I never really get to tell you
this everyday
Meeting you
changed everything."

"Over 8 billion people
wandering this earth
yet I can't stop thinking
about one."

"You deserve someone,
someone who's willing to stay
and give you the world."

"maybe I am unnecessarily overthinking
maybe there is really nothing wrong,
but missing someone
who probably doesn't feel the same way
it hurts.
but it's fine really as I would just be
overthinking myself to sleep like every other night."

Eventually, Minji read the whole page from top to bottom just as you turned over a new page without noticing her looking. Minji looked at your side profile before she glanced over a sleeping Hanni on her other side.

Minji let out a silent sigh as she slowly wrapped one arm around yours and another one around Hanni's before pulling the two of you closer.

You're surprised at her action as you looked at her while Hanni woken up from her slumber before looking at Minji in the middle.

"What are you doing?" You and Hanni coincidentally said as Minji just smiled while looking at her front.

"I'm just feeling excited. It's been a while since I've gone on a trip." She whispered as she closed her eyes before you and Hanni looked at each other in confusion.

"Can you let our arms go now?" You asked calmly and Minji just shook her head while humming like a child.

"Let me, I'm just enjoying every single second of this trip with my friends." Hearing that, Hanni just brushed it off as she leaned her head back and trying to nap again.

Knowing you couldn't have your arm back just yet, you closed your notebook, placing it in your backpack and took the little time left to get your eyes a few valuable rest.

Times flew by, the four of you arrived at the ferry port and after everything's settled, the four of you boarded the ferry.

You and Hanni found yourselves a seat next to each other while Minji and Yongbok were seated a few rows behind you.

As you're holding onto both your luggage and Hanni's, you looked over to her next to you, rubbing her eyes while yawning from time to time. "What time did you actually went to bed last night?" You asked as she just hummed weakly.

"Around 5 in the morning..." Hanni murmured as she shook her head to brush away the tiredness. "...I just have to finish that assignment by last night. I want to enjoy this trip without any worries."

"Here, lay your head on my shoulder." You moved closer to her side as she glanced over at you. "No I'm fine. Your shoulder might feel heavy later so."

"I'll be fine. You need a bit more rest so I'll wake you up in an hour or two." You patted your shoulder twice. "...I'll wake you up if my shoulder feels tired."

Hanni was fidgeting her fingers together as unknowingly this sudden nervousness wrapped around her.

She knew she have slept on your shoulder before, back when the two of you were kids, she remembered that memories instantly, how that time she was having a fever and both their families were at an event and as the night went on, Hanni who's feeling unwell were having a hard time to stay awake. That's when you who was there next to her, telling her to sleep on his shoulder while waiting for your parents and hers.

And she remembered how happy she was at the time as she laid her head on your shoulder and in no time the two of you fall asleep by the sofa by the end of the night...

But at this moment, there's this little butterflies in her stomach and she didn't want herself to feel that way as she believed that you act that way out of care for a friend. So she gave in as she slowly leaned her head onto your shoulder.

As her head finally resting on your shoulder, the warmth she felt from you instantly made her sleepy again and next to no time, she falls deep into slumber.

You slowly looked over at her sleeping face as you could only pray that she couldn't hear how fast your heart was beating at that moment yet the more you stared at her face, the calmer you got every minute.

Smiled lightly, you leaned your head onto the seat as you're feeling sleepy yourself although you're trying hard to not fall asleep, in the end you did.

As Minji's settling on her seat, she took a quick glance at her two friends at the front and immediately she noticed how Hanni's sleeping on your shoulder.

"Yongbok-ah..." Minji called out to him who's scrolling through his phone next to her. "Yeah?" He asked while remained looking at his phone. "Yongjae was reading his, you know, little notebook where he writes all the time and I felt bad for sneaking a peek on it before in the van."

"But what I saw, made me feel more believed that Yongjae's the one who has a crush on Hanni." Minji whispered as Yongbok looked at her with an unreadable expression.

"...I know I shouldn't interrupt; I have no rights but it's just..." Minji just puffed out a sigh as she became silent.

"The same thing happened to you too doesn't it?" Yongbok said calmly and the silent he got from Minji screamed that he was right. "...I kind of figured it out since that night you said you're worried about them."

"We're basically the same as those two. Me and him were the closest since we were kids. Growing up I realized that I have this affection for him, feelings that were beyond the boundaries a friendship should." Minji finally opened up about her past.

"That was until I found out the hard way, it was unrequited love after all. All those years I've wasted just to get him to look at me the way I wanted him to. But we're never meant to be." She continued as she's wiping her tears that's about to drop down her cheeks. "I don't want that to happen to them Yongbok, call me a bad friend all you want. I know how painful it can be if the same situation happens to Yongjae and Hanni. I'm afraid I'm going to lose them as well."

"I don't want that to happen to them too. But at the end of the day..." Yongbok finally let out a sigh of worries. "...We shouldn't interfere with people's feelings let alone trying to change them. What we're here for, what we can do for them, is that we still stay by their side, giving them full support no matter what the finale of their story turns out to be."

"If you're asking me what my views are of the two of them?" Yongbok made Minji looked over at him as he's smiling lightly. "...I'm rooting for them but will accept whatever their end stories will be."

"...and I'm sure your story's far from finish too Kim Minji." Yongbok made her confused. "What do you mean..." She asked as Yongbok's smile widened. "I'm rooting for you too Minji. Write the end story you truly deserve to have."

So leave a vote and comments(?) maybe, I would love to read your comments

So leave a vote and comments(?) maybe, I would love to read your comments. It'll motivates me to write more, it really does.

Loves lot ❤