Ever since we went to the party in the woods, Amanda and Ryan don't seem to get along, or I should say Amanda was very stand-off-ish with him. If he tried to make small talk with her she would be blunt as anything and not leave any room to follow a conversation on from. She made it known loud and clear that she didn't want anything to do with him. Whether he took to the hint or not was on him, at least Leah was likeable and not straight up annoying.

I've started to notice that even Leah is beginning to get fed up with him, always apologising for his behaviour, she has already clocked onto the dislike that Amanda has for him, having her question me briefly only for me to tell her to hear it from Amanda.

''I tried telling him no," Leah whispered when we got to the car, only making it halfway up the hill before he bailed and left it there. Not sure if leaving them two together alone was a wise idea, I knew Amanda could handle herself that's what I was worried about, she wouldn't stop to think twice.

"It's fine, it's Ryan, he does whatever the fuck he wants." My voice sounded exasperated, having enough of this week already.

I just wanted alone time, away from the town, away from people who know me. Just DeCeno and I up here alone, the two of us keeping cosy and forgetting about what's happened, even though every time I catch my face in a reflection it still throws me off. I noticed that Leah hasn't looked directly at me yet.

"Well I made sure to bring these," she reached into the car to turn around hand me a few bottles, "we're going to need it." She sighed, her eyes looking over my face as she took it all in, even though it was dark out with the only light source coming from the interior lights in the car.

"It's dark, it doesn't look this bad in better lighting." Trying to console her when she nodded her head once and grabbed the rest of the bags, kicking his car door shut when she almost slipped and a small scream came from her mouth.

I couldn't stop the small laugh as I walked away back up the hill, wanting to get out of the cold, feeling like I'm competing in the survival of the fittest this past week. When I finally broke the thresh hold I had the two of them staring at me like I had interrupted something, either way, Amanda had that look like she was ready to snap, making me wonder what he could have done or said in under ten minutes to get her angry.

I told Leah to explain our traditional drinking game whenever we came to the cabin while I took Ryan outside closing the door-to behind us so they wouldn't overhear us talking but I need to set grounds for Ryan. He is not ruining the only escape I have before reality kicks in and haunts me.

"Is everything okay?" he asked looking worried.

With a big sigh, I leaned against the wall and spat it out, getting it over and done with. I mentioned what happened at the party in the woods and what he did to Amanda, telling him that he can't go around acting like everyone wants to go down on him because he has a pretty smile. He rolled his eyes a few times like I was a parent scolding him when that wasn't what I was trying to do. I just wanted him to be respectful for one night and not get carried away.

I turned around to look through the window when I heard muffled laughter to see them both laughing harder the more they spoke, a smile on Amanda face that I hadn't seen in a while, a smile of genuine joy when she looked at Leah.

"Your mother went ape shit by the way," Ryan's voice tore me away to look at him as he took out a cigarette and lit it.

"What did she have to say?" already having a strong feeling as to what it probably was.

"Consistently rang my mobile and the house phone, demanding where you are and where the car is gone. I mean if you're not around it's obvious you've got the car. Has she rang you at all?" my head shaking from side to side. "If she rings while I'm here, you are speaking to her so she will stop harassing me." Giving me the look he usually gave when he wasn't happy with me.