Chapter Fifteen - Reckoning of Hearts

Start from the beginning

- - - - - IN THE KITCHEN - - - - -

Three weeks have passed since the intense encounter between Fuuto and Lisa. The apartment, once filled with tension, now feels oddly quiet. Christmas and New Year's Eve came and went, but there was no sign of Fuuto.

Lisa doesn't know where he went, but she occasionally catches glimpses of him on television, working diligently. She's left with a sense of longing and confusion.

In the cosy kitchen, Lisa is preparing dinner with Ukyou. They move about, slicing vegetables and chatting, but there's an underlying concern that hangs in the air.

The front door opens, and Hikaru, the observant and perceptive brother, enters the apartment. He carries a sombre expression.

"Lisa, can we talk for a moment?"

Lisa and Ukyou exchange glances and Lisa nods as she sets down her knife.

Hikaru and Lisa step into the living room for privacy. Hikaru seems hesitant as if he's about to share something delicate.

"Lisa, I think I know where Fuuto might be." Hikaru started.

Lisa's eyes widen in surprise.

"You do? How?" 

"I saw him leaving your room that night, the night everything changed. I've been keeping an eye on him since then. Today, I finally got some information." He explained.

Hikaru hands Lisa a small envelope with an address written on it.

"This is the new address of my apartment. Meet me there when you have time." Hikaru informed, sounding serious.

Lisa takes the envelope, her heart racing with a mixture of hope and anxiety.

"Alright, thank you Onii-sama."

Hikaru gives her a reassuring smile.

Lisa returned to the kitchen, her mind filled with thoughts of Fuuto and the address Hikaru gave her. She resumes preparing dinner, her heart heavy with anticipation of the conversation that awaits her.

- - - - - AT HIKARU'S APARTMENT - - - - -

Lisa stands in the doorway of Hikaru's apartment, a sense of nostalgia and apprehension filling her. She remembered the time when they both shared an apartment. As she steps inside, her eyes widen in shock - it's not just Hikaru who's waiting for her, but also Kaname. It's been so long since she's seen him.

Kaname, sitting on the couch, has a different air about him. His once familiar hair colour and style have changed, and he seems to have lost weight. The shock is evident on both their faces as they lock their eyes.

"O-Onii-chan? Is that really you?" Lisa stuttered.

"Yes, Lisa. It's been a while," Kaname smiled.

They exchange pleasantries, still absorbing each other's changed appearances. Kaname's transformation is striking.

"Your hair, the way you look... It's so different," Lisa was astonished.

He chuckled, "I've been through a lot since we last met."

"Surprise, Imouto-chan. I thought it was time for a little reunion." Hikaru said as he emerged to the living room.

Lisa, still coming to terms with the unexpected encounter, smiles warmly, glad to see Kaname again.

"It's great to see you again, Onii-chan,"

As Lisa, Kaname, and Hikaru settle in, the atmosphere becomes more relaxed. They share stories and laughter, reminiscing about the past.