𝐈𝐈

𝐗𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓

Xen softly tapped his fingers against the steering wheel as he drove the way GPS was telling him to go, humming along to the song Deja Vu by J

Xen softly tapped his fingers against the steering wheel as he drove the way GPS was telling him to go, humming along to the song Deja Vu by J.Cole playing on his radio.

"Sometimes you worry 'bout the things he can provide for ya. Whenever you around I seen it come alive for ya. I finally recognize the feelings that's inside for ya. Although I know your man and trust me he would die for ya. These quiet thoughts of you been going on for years now. I saw you in the party soft lips, soft spoken. I came and talked to you but homie interfered now. He introduced you as his girl and I was heartbroken."

Him and Angel were 40 hours into their 45 hour drive to New York. Before they had left home, the couple agreed to split the drive between the two to lessen the amount of stress and tiredness of the ride, but so far it had been Xen driving all these hours with little to no breaks. With 5 hours left now, he was now sure he was driving the rest of the way.

"Can you turn this down?! Damn. I can barely hear my own phone." Angel complained, mugging Xen, placing her phone down into her lap to turn down the music herself. "She fuck with small town niggas, I got bigger dreams that." Mocking the lyrics, she sat her back against the seat and went back to lip-syncing her TikTok video.

Watching her out the corner of his eye, he waited until she was done recording herself to defend himself. "It wasn't even that loud. I had it on 20," He mumbled, referring to the volume, mentally sighing since he knew better to do it out loud in front of her.

"Don't matter! The shit needs to be on zero," She snapped, raising her voice, continuing to mug the shit out of him. If she didn't like how loud he was playing it, he needed to turn it off, simple as that. "Don't nobody want to hear allat, surely not me, so don't play it like I said."

"Why you listening to the song anyway? What girl you met and want to make yours?" She questioned, eyebrow raised in suspicion of him cheating. The song by J.Cole was about him meeting a particular girl in a club and him trying to approach her. Why would Xen be listening to such thing if he wasn't cheating? He already had a girl by his side.