Chapter 41 - The Unfinished Prophecy

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The video ends and I stare at the dark screen for a moment before everything Vincent comes crumbling down on me like a wall of bricks.

I jump to my feet and vamp around the compound but find no Freya, no Henrik, and no other signs of a struggle but all of Henrik's stuff is still in his room, untouched which further confirms Vincent's video.

I grip Henrik's cot as I let out a soft sob, feeling the weight of the situation settling in my chest.

Panic sets in and I realize that I have to call for help. I vamp from Henrik's nursery and to my study as I pull my phone out of my pocket, calling Elijah. I frantically pull maps from shelves as my phone rings, praying that Elijah will pick up.

"Elijah, please answer," I plead into the phone, my voice shaking with fear.

My heart races as the phone rings, each passing second feeling like an eternity. Finally, on the fifth ring, I hear Elijah's voice on the other end.

"Hello, Angel."

I take a deep breath, trying to steady my voice. "They're gone, Elijah. Lucien took them."

Elijah's voice is laced with concern as he responds. "Who did he take, Phoebe? What's going on?"

I swipe a knife off the table and slice my hand, dripping blood onto the map as I speak to Elijah, "He took Freya and Henrik. He has our son."

There is a moment of silence from Elijah before he speaks again, his voice hardening with determination.

"Kol, Finn and I are on our way back. Stay where you are and don't do anything without us. We'll find him, Phoebe. I promise."

I nod, even though he can't see me. 

"Please hurry," I plead before hanging up and tracing the blood on the map to try and find a lead on where Henrik and Freya are but the blood tracing is leading in circles and not ending.

I scream out in frustration, swiping the things off the table when my phone rings.

"What?!" I bark into the phone, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Whoa, Phoebe. That's no way to answer the phone."

I sigh when I hear Shaun's voice.

"Sorry, Shaun. Just things are happening here." I tell him and Shaun chuckles darkly, "Oh I know. It's exactly why I am phoning. Seems Kelsey has her phone off which makes contact between you and the others. One of our birdies that you had following Lucien, just contacted me. Lucien along with two of your witch friends and a baby just arrived in Mystic Falls."

My heart stops at Shaun's words. "Henrik," I whisper, my mind racing with possibilities. "Do we know where they are?"

Shaun pauses for a moment before answering. "The source said they were headed towards a cabin in the woods. It's a bit out of the way, but I can send someone to scout it out if you want."

"Yes," I tell him, my voice firm. "Do it. You stay with the twins and make sure that no one touches them or any of those Crescent wolves. I am going to Mystic Falls. I will only be returning when Lucien is dead."

I hang up the phone and immediately start packing my bags, grabbing the essentials I'll need for the trip. I can't lose Henrik, not after everything that happened to us. 

I won't lose him.

As I grab my magical blades, strapping some to my body while packing others into the bag, Kelsey appears in the doorway and watches me and my moments before speaking, "What's going on, Pheebs?"