01. Aɯαƙҽɳҽԃ

~ They said, Turn ye again now every one from his evil way, and from the evil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the LORD hath given unto you and to your fathers for ever and ever. ~ Jeremiah 25:5

Now, for this book, I will change the sizes of everything 9 and the others come in contact with simply because I want to and I find it convenient for my writing of the movie since everyone was so freaking small!

_________________________________________

Sunlight barely lit the cluttered room, subtle specks of dust floating around unbothered as the wind whistled outside the window.

Around the metal table, surprisingly still standing the way it was supposed to, but it was not unscathed from old age— three of the cuffs were either broken or rusted beyond recognition, the body they were securing was now barely  hanging by the last cuff wrapped around its right wrist, the head hanging uncomfortably towards its still open chest cavity.

But as if it could no longer hold on, the fragile piece had snapped, leaving said body to drop, breaking the contraption in front of it and ceremonially falling to the ground, landing with a hard thump and forcing dust to fly as the talisman clinked against the hard wood and rolled away.

It's features were much more defined now the day had woken, revealing the body to be male, his face peaceful as the darkly colored, artificial hair on his head flopped over his forehead and poked his eyelids. After a moment of silence, his fingers twitched with life as his eyes reluctantly fluttered open, an odd expression overcoming his face.

With difficultly, he managed to push his arms under him to lift his upper half, all the while his eyes filtered in and out of focus. A soft pained look coming across his face as he placed a hand on his head, idly tapping his temple before said hand caught his attention, the man wiggling the digits experimentally— a silent curiosity in his eyes as he took in the way most of his hand went from a pale brown before fading into a copper color in his fingertips.

Shifting onto his knees, he took in the strange clothing he wore, proding at the dust covered shirt he had on before lifting it to curiously poke around the large hole in his chest, blinking as he did so. The subtle sound of electricity cracking made him look up, his dark eyes zeroing in on a strange object.

With the excitement of a child, the man didn't want to look away from the talisman, only doing so when he tried to stand. Now at an average height, he looked delighted at his new legs before he took a step before immediately falling to his knees, a small smile breaking out when he caught himself.

More carefully, he took smaller steps towards the talisman and leaning down to pick it up— the thing was big to be held with both hands but he didn't seem to mind as he played with one of the symbols embedded into it, turning it around to see three holes on the back of it.

In the corner of his eye, he noticed a ray of sunlight, following it slowly from behind the metal table— flinching back behind it with a silent gasp at the sight of a malnourished and boney body laying motionlessly on the floor, papers written with scribbles he couldn't understand, covering the corpses face.

This caused the man to look around his surroundings more closely, seeing the room filled cluttery and weird items tossed around, discomfort radiating from his body as he tucked in his shoulders cautiously.

The wind howled against the wooden shades of the window, causing them to bang as they refused to open, making the awakened man to peak past the metal table. Sparing a cautious glance at the dead body in the middle of the room, he slowly stepped out of his hiding place to reach the window— he held the talisman in his left hand as he dragged his feet.