00. ʅιϝҽ Mυʂƚ Gσ Oɳ

~ Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you. ~ Jeremiah 26:13

A very short prologue, fellas and gals— but the details make up for it~

Did you know that 9 was actually created because of a animated short by Shane Acker? Tim Burton was just there for the ride during the movies creation!!

___________________________________

An old needle glistened in the tainted light as a man, wrinkled with old age, focused intently on his task, cutting and piecing together old fabric.

Once he was finished, he turned to the unfinished body laying motionlessly on the metal table— a sense of dreadful hope filling the scientist as he continued with the next part of his task, staring at the silent body of his lastest creation before continuing on.

Holding two wires, one bare and the other connected to a crafted eye, he carefully pushed them towards eachother, causing electrical sparks to erupt from the union as the iris dilated in response, the old man then placing it inside the socket and trying again, this time the eye lid shifted as if it were blinking.

Next, the scientist lifted a limp hand as he twisted the bolts connecting the digits, curling and bending them to make they stayed on tight.

"We had such potential, such promise..."

Using tweezers, the old man slowly placed another finished eye inside the other empty eye socket, completing the body's face as the eyelid fell over to a close, the completed face expressing rest despite its emptiness.

"But we squandered our gifts... our intelligence."

Lifting the body to sit, the scientist held it up with an arm around its chest in order to keep it up— with his free hand, he dragged a brush over the back of the jacket the body wore, the single number '9' settling boldly in black.

"Our blind pursuit of technology..."

Opening the chest cavity of the body, revealing an empty cavern aside from to mechanical inputs. The old man pushed a conduit into a smaller input, twisting it with a click, resulting it's final security.

"Only sped us quicker to our doom."

The table was now lifted horizontally, metal cuffs now held the completed body down, the scientist wrapping the final one around the right wrist before stepping back.

"Our world is ending,"

A large bronz colored contraption was placed in front of the unconscious body, bare before a strange talisman written with three strange shapes was clicked into it, the symbols glowing an ominous green just seconds after.

"But life must go on."

___________________________________

Note:

WE FINALLY HAVE 9 PEOPLE, ANYONE WHO HAD WAITED FOR THIS SINCE CORALINE— ITS FINALLY HERE!!!

Now, since I'll be focusing ALL of my attention on this book until it's finished, I'll be taking down "Passage of Time", "Tokyo Kitty Shop", "Daylight", and "I'm The Bad Guy, Duh!"

But as soon as this book is finished, they'll be right back on for writing again! If any of you would still like to read them still, I have all of them on Quotev and the link to my Quotev is in my profile on here!

Hopefully I'm able to get this whole down before October ends, wish me luck! ❤️

___________________________________
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW ❤️❤️❤️
Word Count: 549