Chapter Thirty-Three

TWO BROTHERS

Sounds of glass breaking after hitting the hard wood floors. Wooden chairs breaking after being struck against the floor, and muffled screams of profanities. That is what you'd of heard of you weren't the one making the noises with in the house.

Stood there with everyone looking at you like you were a deranged animal. Junior was scared, Sissy was attempting to silently comfort him. Nubbins, making himself as small as possible in the corner of the room. Drayton sat in the chair slowly rocking back and fourth deep in thought.

"I'm gonna kill em. Right now!"

"Now-"

"Ain't no soul here gone stop me, understand me? I'll handle it myself. It's all my goddamned fault anyways."

"Now hold your damned britches Johnny!" Drayton's sudden speaking make your head shoot his direction.

"It ain't just your fight no more now is it? They wanna take a Sawyer from this house. They'll be met with the full family. Ya ain't gone out there alone. That'd be playing in to their cards. Then we get picked off one by one. So instead this is what's goin happen..."

You stand there with your head cocked listening to Drayton lay out a plan. In your head all you kept doing was kicking yourself. Your stupidity, your mistakes, and your... your love for RN had done you all in. Had you not been so stupid. You knew he only intended the best when she reached out to John... but you... you should of said no. Had you been thinking for yourself...

"Boy are ya even listenin to me?"

You look around then remember he's talking to you.

Drayton sighs out.

"Johnny... look son... ya ain't gone be of use to anyone as long as you're in that head of yours. Do you wanna save em or not?"

Your brows furrow as you nod your head, why is he questioning whether or not you wanted to save them?

"Then quit finding something or someone to blame. What's happened in the past has happened then right? Ya gotta move from now not then. They're gone now. They weren't gone then. So think for now, and later not now and then."

You sigh out nodding accepting he's right. You were doing exactly what he'd said you were.

"...so how you want to go bout this?"

"Well we need to stop by Nancy's... I'm sure she'd be more than willin to help her sister and your children. She may of done somethin shitty Johnny but that woman would die for ya..."

"I...I...I know..."

"They ya know her traps would come in very handy along side Nubbins. Sissy, why don't you and Nubbins head on that way... Johnny will give ya the bouts where that ranch is at. Surly that's where they've taken em."

You direct Sissy and Nubbins as best you can to The O'Connors ranch from the woods. Knowing RN and thems fates lie within their hands to, y'all couldn't risk losing anymore people. You were already being pulled off of your own turf to save them.

"Juniors gone come with us to Nancy's house. We'll gather her up, and be on our way to the ranch. Meet up with Sissy and Nubbins, and go from there."

"...ya ain't worried bout em comin here?"

"They got no reason to come here. Figure if anything they plan to kill our folk, then show up..."

"Yea... there ain't as many of em as there once was... think it's just the primary family there now... but I want them all dead Drayton... every last one of em... even if I got to do it myself... I ain't dealin with is again... I'll gut the elders, the women, the kids..."