Episode 13-3: The Second Eruption

Start from the beginning

"We'll give our uninvited guest a little reception. Just sit back and watch the show."

Siegfried's voice was loud and energetic, and the tone felt lighthearted, even in a dangerous situation. He had a playful attitude, as he was ready to take on the Honkai beasts that were attacking the Babylon Labs.

He was confident that he and his team would be able to deal with the enemy forces, and he wanted Theresa to sit back and have faith in them.

————

Dangerous was lurking behind, but not for the Knight Phantom.

Leon was wandering around the dam structure of the Babylon Labs with a bright and optimistic attitude. He had a fun time exploring the past and simply took in the sights.

He was like a kid going to a theme park for the first time, as he was thrilled with the mysterious atmosphere.

"The real Babylon Labs..."

A deja vu feeling struck his mind.

Leon remembered when he was transported back to the days when he had explored the virtual world alongside Kiana before everything plummeted to doom.

He was reminded of all the things that happened in the past, including his fight with the Herrscher of the Void, his own lover, that he had failed to subdue her.

"Ms. Himeko..."

He missed his lover, Kiana. His eyes were filled with sorrow, as he was also sorry for the loss of Commander Himeko.

"I'm a bad lover... I let you and our unborn child die, Kiana..."

Leon's voice sounded sorrowful and repentant.

He was full of sorrow. He missed his lover, Kiana, and their unborn child. It was something that he would never be able to change, but it was indeed a tragic outcome.

He sighed in a gloomy mood, lowering his head.

He was still consumed by his emotions.

The regrets and sorrow couldn't be poured out of Leon's heart.

He missed Kiana and the unborn child that they had never gotten a chance to meet.

"Is this why I'm back to the past to repent my sin...?"

Leon questioned his existence in the past, wondering why he had been sent back to the past.

Whether it was a way for him to be purged of his sins or if he was being given a chance to right his wrongs, he was already drowned in guilt. His brain was confused in a spin.

A harsh, growling creature phased through his ears.

Leon's thoughts were soon interrupted as his senses were heightened, and he detected the presence of an Honkai Beast in the distant forests.

He gazed to the forest, where it seemed nothing happened there, but just beneath the white horizon, were hordes of Honkai Beasts converging onto the lab.

"Honkai Beasts, huh? So what..."

Being a phantom, he had no reason to fear the Honkai Beasts, as they would simply walk through him without causing harm.

In a sense, he felt invisible and intangible as a phantom, but he still wanted to witness the destruction that would be caused by the rampant Honkai Beasts.

Four people were dropped off at the site from the skies. Leon's eyes were keen to see the four diving to the ground.

"Oh, here comes the backups."