Promise me・❥・

Mulai dari awal

suddenly i feel a painful rush thru my head. i stand up and walk away from the bar, back to our table but i don't plan on staying there. i am just crossing it since it's in the way, it feels like everything is in my way. i can't walk properly.

damon steps in, "mate, you okay? come sit with us." he says but all i hear are muffled words. i have to get the fuck out of here, i just have to. i can't let violet see me like this, it'd kill me.

"fucking leave me alone! you bastard!" i scream into his face and push him away from me.

-

i walk and walk, i don't know where i am going but i am going somewhere i reckon. i am definately far away from the bar, right? i don't want to be there. anywhere but there. a waste bin comes my way, i kick it out of spite, anger or sorrow? i guess a mix of them all.

i shouldn't have applied that much force, i feel weak and tired so i sit down on the pavement to regain my composure. i hold my head in m hands. how long has it been since i left the bar? i have no concept of time anymore.

and my blaring headache only intensifies when i hear camera lens shutters. i hide my face but catch a little peek thru my fingers and realise the cameras are not on me but on someone else down the road. two people. violet and liam.

they are walking down the road with hands linked and cameras following their every move, this is going to be all over the paper tomorrow and they are probably going to spend the night at each other's flat's tonight. 

i get up and make a swift escape. i can't bear to watch this any longer.

(the same night from-) Violet's POV

i hum the song stuck in my head when liam leans over to me, "cmon give me a kiss!"

i pull away, "i am not your real girlfriend you know, just a publicity girlfriend."

"oh for fuck's sake." he rolls his eyes. 

"in fact our managers are in more of a relationship than us." i state which makes both of us laugh in unison.

our managers want us to be spotted together tonight since the media is only speculating our 'relationship' but tonight's sighting will confirm it. 

"i will be back." i excuse myself from the table to use the restroom. i swing open the door and do my business.

after that, i hold my hands up on the sink and let the cold water grace my skin then i am met with my own reflection staring back at me in the mirror. i make a happy face and touch up my hair. 

funny that, how me and liam's manager knew each other way before they started working with us. it's also why they decided to pair us together just to get a reaction out of the media when they see two known people from different fields dating. 

i said yes to it because i saw no harm in it, it sounded like a fun little experiment. why did liam say yes? who knows.

i exit the bathroom and i am collided with the bleak air in the hallway, also a man. he's a smiling stranger and he's got a fringe that covers the half of his face plus he's dressed all in black. 

"alex- alex james." he puts his hand forward to shake, i reluctantly give in and shake it. he is holding a smirk on the side of his lips.

"violet."

"you look very familiar violet, i think i have seen you somewhere-" he smiles.

"where?"

"come back to my hotel room and i'll tell you." he winks at me.

i step back and try to steer away the conversation, "that won't be necessary because i am sure you've seen me in a movie, i am actress. i act in those type of things."

he scoffs, "oh so you like being an actress?"

"yeah- that's why i am one." i reply with confusion written all over my face. what is wrong with this guy?

"darling, you will like being with me even more." he tries again.

"i'm not interested in you or just serious relationships in general." i reply.

he lets out a condescending chuckle, "darling i am not asking for your hand in marriage, i am asking for a shag."

"still not interested. piss off." i say once and for all.

the expressions on his face change drastically after hearing that, "lovely! that! i didn't want you anyway." he walks away.

"fucking idiot." i say. he definately did not take that rejection well.

i walk out to liam greeting me, "time to walk out together." he looks born ready for this.

"whatever." i link hands with him and take steps out the exit door of blackstag, i already see the paparazzi standing there and waiting for us from a distance.

"you'd so shag me regardless of whether my manager knew yours or not." liam says as we get closer to the cameras.

i look at him with disbelief, "how many drugs did they let you do today!?" 

then camera flashes flutter around us like butterflies. we keep walking to my car but liam is being slow on purpose. he is giving out poses like a fucking model. he even wraps his hand around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him, 

"i'm going to have a brilliant fucking night tonight!" he says to one of the camermen, making them chuckle.

"shut the fuck up!" i hit his arm and quickly drag him towards my car. he has a habit of getting extra touchy when we are in front of people who don't know of our fake relationship.

-

i rest my legs up on the table parallel to the telly as i sit on my sofa. liam is stood by my flat's door, he is almost leaving. the night is over and tomorrow we will look at the chaos unfolding on the newspapers. 

"oi! why did you say that to the paparazzi and- why were you giving out poses like you are fucking kate moss?" i decide to confront him.

he sighs, "sorry then, won't do it again." he replies. i did not expect that actually. he apologised in the matters of seconds.

"we are barely mates, nothing more than that, okay?"

"okay."

i go back to watching my program but there's one more thing i need to get off my chest before he goes walks out, "do you know something odd happened in the bathroom today-" 

"hm?" he gets his coat from the cot hanger, ready to leave in a few minutes. 

"some bloke named alex was really pushing me to shag him, that's why i took so long in the bathroom." 

this peaked his interest, "alex who?"

"he said he was alex james." i turn over to him and lower the volume of the telly, he knows something about this doesn't he?

"oh that fucking twat from blur!" he loses his cool.

"ok! so jarvis isn't in blur, alex is- oh wow! i won't care to remember that." i say snarkily.

liam kneels down on the floor to look at me, "i know- we are not girlfriend boyfriend but i'm telling you this as a mate. the lot from blur, they are jealous of us, our success. they sent out bloody alex to you so you would cheat on me. god fucking hell, blur has caused me so much pain,  i want you to know that. they are brutal, they are not trustworthy and they are fucking petty too! so as my mate show some respect and don't be on their side." he stands back up.

i take in what he has just said.

he walks to the door finally ready to leave, "violet don't fuck any twat from blur, please keep that promise. it'd mean the world to me." 

i nod in response.