Chapter 5: Hallowhine

"What are you supposed to be?" Hanni asked, laughing a little as she looked over her friend. Kazuha had re-entered the room in a skintight white bodysuit, with a zipper down the front and small American flag patches on the arms.

"Are you a stripper ghost?" Danielle laughed, giving her friend another once over before laughing again. "Yeah, I'm going with stripper ghost." Kazuha glared at both of them, and pointed to a patch on her chest that said NASA.

"So, a NASA stripper ghost?" Danielle asked slowly.

"I'm a sexy astronaut! Goddamn, do you guys know me at all?" Kazuha huffed.

"Okay hold on, how were we supposed to know there's a such thing as a sexy astronaut costume?" Hanni laughed. September had come and gone in a haze of past due papers and late night walks alone, just like October had, in dropping temperatures and closed doors. She couldn't help but wonder where the time went.

"Come on Hanni, there's a sexy version of every costume nowadays." Kazuha said.

"It's true." Danielle agreed. "I saw a sexy Ebola nurse like two years ago."

"And it's been way too long, so, I'm trying to get laid tonight." Kazuha said with a confident smirk.

"Shouldn't you have worn something a little more accessible? Like, what if the moment strikes? What's the guy gonna do, spend ten minutes trying to peel it off of you?"

"If he's cute enough, I'll let him take ten minutes to peel it off." Kazuha said, they all laughed.

"Are you open to girls? Because I hear Hanni is single and desperate." Danielle asked.

"I am not desperate." Hanni defended. "Just very painfully single." She laughed. Kazuha looked her over, then back to Danielle.

"Eh, she's cute and all, but I prefer them tall." Kazuha winked, Danielle rolled her eyes. "Speaking of Hanni being single and desperate-" Kazuha said, ignoring Hanni's glare. "Is sexy Minji coming tonight?" She wiggled her eyebrows at her friend.

"No, and please God do not call her that again." Hanni laughed.

"Boo, why not?" Kazuha pouted.

"Why isn't she coming? Or why shouldn't you call her that?" Hanni asked.

"Why isn't she coming? Duh." Kazuha said obviously, dropping down to take a seat on her bed.

"She said Halloween gets crazy in the dorms and she has to make sure people aren't getting out of hand." Hanni sighed. The conversation had gone like every other time she'd invited Minji to come to a party with her, initial resistance, bargaining, and finally, acceptance. Until of course she realized the party was on Halloween.

"At least we won't have to deal with her and Haerin giving each other weird looks all night." Danielle said.

"Yeah, what the fuck is up with that?" Kazuha asked, looking between her two friends for answers.

"I have no idea." Hanni said. "Every time I ask her about it she just says something like, that's a story for another day, or I'll tell you eventually, or leave it alone."

"Do you think they're like, exes?" Kazuha asked, a scandalous hint to her tone. Hanni's gaze flicked to Danielle, who looked like she had been wondering the same thing but was too nervous to ask.

"She said they weren't." Hanni said. "And she seemed super grossed out by the idea of it." She laughed.

"You actually asked her?" Danielle asked Hanni, eyes widened.

"Yeah, I was drunk. It was dumb." Hanni laughed. "Plus, she's kinda the same way with one of her other friends, too."

"Minji has other friends?" Kazuha asked. Hanni lowered her eyes at her. "What? You know what I mean. I just feel like she's always busy either being a nerd or staring at you all intensely. Where does she find the time?" She chuckled.