He pulls out his phone and calls the police chief. The chief answers on the first ring.

"Austin..." he answers in a weary voice.

"You remember the murder of a young girl in an alley a few years back? She had just been released from a mental asylum."

"I do actually. It was a tragic case. Her sister had spent years trying to get her help all for it to end in a dark alley at the hands of a drunken homeless man."

"You ever find the homeless man?"

"No. But, the sister was so distraught and wanted to put the past to rest as quickly as she could. She had said she had spent too many years caught up in her sister's chaos."

"There was no homeless man. The girl was murdered by her sister. The insane one."

"That can't be."

"Come here and you will see for yourself. Her head is in the freezer," Austin says cutting the call and then flicking the address off to the police chief. Fucking idiots the lot of them. They wait at the apartment while they continue to comb for clues and ten minutes later the police chief and his constables show up. They seize the head and declare the apartment a crime scene. "Angel Knite has been taken by her," Austin says when the police chief approaches him. "Well, now this is an open investigation. You can stand down, we will take over from here, Austin. We will get hold of you when we have come up with any leads on Miss Knite," the chief says. The man is being serious. He underestimates Austin and Austin finds it mildly offensive. Austin looks past him at Brice and Mathew who are shaking their heads.

They need not worry. There is not a man or grave in this world that would keep Austin away from searching for Angel. "Alright. You have my number," Austin says flicking his head to the door for Brice and Mathew to follow him before he leaves the apartment. Before he gets to the stairwell his phone rings.

"You got the address?"

"Yes. It's an hour out of LA. It belongs to the Cambril family. My parents died years ago in a car accident. One of their daughters who was in the car with them survived, Tiffany. But, she was later murdered and the sole surviving sister, Lia, inherited all their assets including the house. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere. I just sent you the address."

Austin cuts the call and pulls up the address as he climbs into the car with Brice and Mathew. "My guess is she killed her parents too," Mathew says. Brice agrees and so does Austin. Austin thumbs his medal as he maneuvers his car down the busy LA streets. Any honor he once had would mean nothing if he let something happen to Angel. He fucked up. He missed all of this. If anything happens to Angel it sits with him. "Austin..." Mathew says softly. He can tell from the tone of his voice that he wants to comfort Austin. That he wants to say some bullshit about Austin being a good man and that he is not at fault here.

"Don't speak, Finch."

The car is quiet after that. Mathew and Brice dare not move while Austin speeds the car out of LA and into the open land in front of him. He will find Angel, he will make sure she is safe and then he will deal with Tiffany - whatever that looks like. Tiffany will die today whether it be by Austin's hand or her own. There can be no other outcome. The terrain slowly motors into thick forest and Austin grows more anxious with every mile he covers. Even if Angel can get out of the house, she will then have to combat this terrain and by the looks of it some could get lost in her fairly easily. He hopes Angel has kept her witts and remembers the things he said to her and taught her. She is a free-loving whimsical girl but he also knows she is fucking clever and can keep her head when it counts. All she needs to do is keep Tiffany calm long enough for him to get there, he will take over from there.

He slows the car down when they get to a broken rusted gate that is easily hidden with overgrown foliage. If he looks carefully enough he can just make out a driveway. Some grass and bushes have been flattened indicating a car had recently driven up there. He drives past and then pulls his car to a stop behind a large bush, making sure it is hidden from the road then climbs out with Brice and Mathew. He walks round to the truck and pops it open then removes the fake bottom, revealing several handguns and other such weapons. The three of them load up and then turn toward the broken gate.

"What's the plan?" Brice asks.

"Get Angel out," Austin mumbles as he walks up the overgrown driveway. It's a long walk but eventually, they come to a clearing that once served as a yard. Is now just an overgrown mess. The house that comes into view is the same house from the picture with the two girls, now only left to deteriorate and decay slowly with broken windows, peeling paint, and half the roof missing. There is a car out front and Austin can feel the pull Angel has him - she is here. Cautiously, they walk closer to the house. Making sure to stay under the cover the overgrown grass and bushes offer them. They round the side of the car and look up at the house.

It will not be hard to get inside as Austin can see the part of the roof that is missing has no ceiling, it's just a large gaping hole. The windows that are broken have haggard shards and the front door looks to be bolted shut. He will have to sneak in through the roof. But, he will have to be careful. The wood looks rotten and will crumble at the touch. "Fuck," he hears Brice breathe out as Mathew takes a sharp breath. Austin looks into the window the two men are looking into and sees the man that Tiffany had fucked in Angel's bed. He is sitting, slumped at the kitchen table with his head bashed in and a bloody rock lying next to his hand. Tiffany is unhinged.

He pulls out his phone and calls the police chief.

"Austin."

"I found her."

"I told you this was an open investigation and that you were to go home. We will call you if we have any leads."

"Now you have a lead."

Austin cuts the call and flicks the address to the police chief. It will take them an hour to get here - that's all the time he needs to get Angel and make sure Tiffany is no longer a stain on this world. "Remember my expectations, Finch. Angel above anyone else. Make sure you follow through," he says before he tests a drain pipe then carefully hauls himself up it and slips into the large hole in the roof.