4

Austin watches as Angel sits on a makeup chair, her team fussing with her hair and makeup. She has a radio interview so he has no idea why they are bothering to doll her up so much. His phone rings so he steps into the hallway but still has a clear view of Angel. She was stiff and nervous when they came back into the lounge but has relaxed somewhat. The appearance of her stalker must have truly rattled her. It's good to an extent - makes it a little more real for her so perhaps she will take this shit a little more seriously.

"Hello."

"Hey, Austin. You wanted me to phone you?"

His sister's voice gives him a headache. She is always way too happy.

"Yes. I want you to pack me a bag. I will text you the address. It's a radio station."

"Ok. Hey, you want to do dinner sometime?"

"No."

"Oh, please."

"I am working, Phoebe."

"Well, what about when you are not working?"

"No."

"But, you have to eat sometime. Please, I miss you."

Austin sighs. He hates having dinner with her, she talks too much. But, he does love her. She is his sister after all.

"Not now. I will let you know."

"Ok! Great! Text me the address and I will bring your bag. The house feels empty without you."

"I have been gone nine hours."

"I know! I miss you!"

"I have to go."

He cuts the call and puts his phone in his pocket then walks back into the room. Angel is just getting up from the chair and is handed an outfit to change into. He has to snap his head away when she promptly pulls off the sweats she had on and changes into her new outfit. The woman has no shame, but he knows that already given the pictures he had seen of her during his research, pictures of her black-out drunk or half naked at a photo shoot or on stage. "Ok, let me just say goodbye to Charlie then we can go," she says rushing out of the lounge. "Next time she changes you will all divert your eyes or I will divert them myself - permanently," he says. Everyone freezes and then nods quickly.

She takes forever and Austin checks his watch, they will be late if they don't leave now so he walks into the kitchen.

"Shit! Fuck!"

"I know, Charlie, I will miss you too," she says cuddling her awful bird. "Shit! Fuck!" it screeches again. "We are going to be late," Austin says. "It's ok, I am late for everything," Angel says as she continues to cuddle her bird. "Well, I am not so put that bird down and move your ass," he says, his annoyance with her rising by the second. "His name is Charlie and you scare him, he goes quiet when you are around," she says, still fucking cuddling it. "Good. Let's go, Miss Knite," he says. "Fine," she sighs and places Charlie back in his cage. "Do you think he will be safe while we are gone? Do you think the stalker would come in here and hurt him while we are gone?" she asks following him out of the kitchen and to her car.

"That bird's safety is not my concern," he says opening the back door for her. "Oh, please! If something ever had to happen to him I would freak the fuck out," she says standing by the car door and looking at him those big eyes. Yesterday she had yellow eyes, today they are purple. "I don't know enough to rule it out so the answer is yes. He may very well hurt your bird," Austin says pushing the door forward slightly in an attempt to herd her into the car. Her brow creases in worry and her hands go to her mouth. She should have known her stalker would lash out eventually at the things she loves. But, he does feel slightly bad for scaring her. "Your house is more secure now than it has ever been and for now your stalker is fixated on you. As time goes on and he can't get to you only then will you need to worry about that bird. Get in the car now," he says.