part 16 | mirae

AUTHOR'S POV:

joohyuk was the quiet guy who would only focused on his work.

y/n was the introvert girl who would have her social anxiety level always peaked up.

the meeting at the library was the route-changer of their story. it started from the strangers to friends then strangers again. but the  future had something other written on their story.

and this makes their relationship different and better.

Y/N's POV:

finally it was the day..

we three had decided to wear the formal clothes. the nervousness was filled in the body of three of us. we were in the backstage waiting for our performance.

our names were announced. all the students were shocked to hear that their teachers were gonna be in a band. we can their cheers and the applause.

i nervously entered to the stage. before starting, joohyuk glanced at me and said,"it's gonna be alright"

just like in our college days.

i felt somehow relieved at his words. i took a deep breath and look at the students in front of us. they were looking so happy to see us.

eunhae introduced,"this song might be known to many of you. i want you guys to sing along and enjoy this moment of your youth"

our performance started.

eunhae did very well. the students were also singing along.

of course, the students didn't expect me to play drums. they found the hidden talents of us. we could see the shocked face of each one of them.

You are my future,
future all the time

힘든 시간들을 건너
너의 손을 잡고 싶어
(I want to hold your hand through difficult times)

You are my sunshine,
sunshine all the day

해가 밤을 돌아 아침을 또 만든 것처럼
날 비춰줘
(Shine on me like the sun turns around the night

and makes morning again)

whenever i hear the lyrics, it feels like it was made for us, me and joohyuk.
i looked at joohyuk playing the guitar like he did in college. shining of his aura never faded.

while playing the guitar, joohyuk glanced at me and smiled. i could feel adrenaline rushing instantly, just like the college version of myself. i could hear the heartbeat sound through my ears. i gave back a smile with blushing cheeks.

the song came to its end. the hall was filled with screaming and cheering.

we bowed to the audience and about to leave the stage. then eunhae and i heard joohyuk doing the mic testing. it was not planned.

i called joohyuk and gestured him to leave. but he told me that he had something to do. i gave him thumbs up and left.

eunhae and i went in the audience space. everyone was looking at him.

finally he did the settings of the mic and started to say,"so this is a surprise song for my y/n."

DID HE JUST ANNOUNCED OUR RELATIONSHIP ??!!

i looked at eunhae and she had the excited state on her face. i asked her, "you knew all of this?". she answered, " i don't know. maybe?"

"eunhae-yah, you will never change.",i uttered jokingly.

the screams were higher than our performance. everyone was hyping him up.

he started to sing 'red sunset glow' by lee moonsae.

난 너를 사랑하네
(I love you)

이 세상은 너뿐이야
(There is only you in this world)

소리쳐 부르지만
(Although I scream out)

저 대답 없는 노을만 붉게 타는데
(The sunset without an answer burns red)

i was very overwhelmed that i didn't even notice that i had tears forming in my eyes.

the song ended. joohyuk looked at me from the stage and he mouthed "uljima" (don't cry)

TIMESKIP

the fest ended in a blink of an eye.
joohyuk and i got out of the hall and all the teachers were congratulating us.

while walking, we decided to go to my home. we arrived there and quickly washed up. we ate our dinner and went to the rooftop.

when we got there, i asked him, "since when you had been doing the rehearsal of that?",with a smile.

"why? it wasn't good?", joohyuk asked with curiosity.

"no it wasn't good"

i could see his face turning into a sad face.

i cupped his face giving him a peck on his lips and said,"it was THE BEST! "

he felt so happy that he gave me a tight hug saying, "i knew that you will love it".

after pulling away, he said, "i love you y/n".

before i respond, i felt his soft lips on mine.

THE END

and that's how mirae brought their fate together.