Why is It Always You? - RIVALZ PT 1

It had been a week since I'll-It debuted. Yunah had gone to Hybe alongside Minju, Wonhee, Moka, Iroha, and Youngseo.

All the trainees had chosen to either stay with Hybe or leave temporarily. Of course, trainees who had trained for a long period had adamantly insisted on staying with Hybe, trainees such as Chanelle, Jiwoo, Jihyun, Hyewon, Jeongeun...

And so likewise it was expected for Jeemin to stay as well, after all, her best friend had debuted there and she had worked so hard to climb up to the top, barely not making it.

But to everyone's shock, she had left Hybe and taken a temporary leave to focus on bettering herself and finishing her studies.

"If something's bothering you Jeemin-ah. Just tell me. I'll listen, I'll help you. So please don't lea-"

"Jiwoo unnie."

She faced Jiwoo with a plastered smile that even a 2 year old could have told was fake and tried her best to not involve her emotions.

"Trust me. Don't you trust me? I'm older now. I can make my own choices, I can do what I want. I'm capable, believe me. Thank you for caring, but please let me do what I want."

Jeemin hurriedly packed her suitcase, her room clean and tidy, filled with many memories from her trainee days. The Polaroid selecas taken by the Han river during College Campus Visit day. How they had all decided to go together after graduation, Jihyun, Jiwoo, Jeemin.... and ... Her.

"Ohhhh C'mon Unnie... Do you really have to leave us? Can't you please join back? I'm sure they'll take you back if you ask, pleaseeee this place won't be the same without you and Yunah unni-"

"JIHYUN. Watch what you say," Jiwoo side-eyed her as Jihyun slowly pouted and backed away.

"Phew. I'm so tired, but good thing it's all done now. I just have a few more minutes to go, and I'll be gone." Jeemin smiled.

"Wahhhh Unnieeeee this is betrayal... How could you EVERRR leave meeee" Jihyun dramatically fell in an attempt to land on the bed beside her, but ended up tripping on the carpet and falling down hard.

Jiwoo pointed and laughed at her.

"Okok, that's enough both of you. Thank you... For everything. I'm not leaving FOREVER... You guys are just so dramatic. Aish. What will you ever do without me? I'll be back in 2 months, I promise. So take care of yourselves for me, ok?" Jeemin gripped the handle of her suitcase, and checked the time.

She still had some time left, she could go near the train station nearby the school, her spot where she could collect herself, maybe, just maybe then, SHE would show up, take her back, tell her everything was ok, tell her how sorry she felt, tell her it wasn't her fault and that she deserved to get in.

No, Jeemin had to collect herself.

"Ok guys, I have one last stop to go before I leave. Thank you so much again, I'll get you guys something!!"

As they parted their ways and said goodbye, Jeemin tried her best to not look deminished.

She walked all the way to her destination.

1 hour left.

Gosh... Why am I still waiting for her? It's not like she doesn't have her own life, she's busy.

After the final episode of RUNext aired, on stage, Jeemin and Yunah had said their last words to one another.

They hadn't spoken a single word since bit ended, about 3 weeks ago. Yunah had not even reached out to her, texted her something, asked her how she was.