Joey vs Josephine

11

── ── ── ──
"Christmas Eve with
your mother and sis
Don't want to fight but
your mother insists"
── ── ── ──

"Phina! Phina! Wake up it's Christmas." Chris shook his older sister awake. Jo peeled her eyes open slowly to look at her brother's wide smile and the Santa pajamas he got last Christmas. She groaned and threw her head into the pillow.

She wasn't exactly stoked for this Christmas. Any Christmas, but especially this one. She knew what was waiting outside for her since her father finally apologized and told her that he was happy and Chris would be too.

It was selfish of Eddie to allow Shannon back into his life when Jo was still pissed, but it was selfish of Jo to not, when Eddie was happy.

The conversations between them have been lazy, short, and just boring.

But at least they were talking.

Jo didn't want to hate her mother, but she broke her, her father and her brother's heart.

She was mad at Eddie for leaving, and she got over that. So why was it so hard for her to move past this?

"Chris give me like another hour. It's like 6 am." She pulled the covers over her head, blocking her brother out until a stronger force ripped them off of her. Her warm skin hit the cold air making her curl up in a ball for warmth.

Eddie lifted his son so he could crawl on the bed and get his sister.

"Come on Joey Jo. It's Christmas and just because you're a Grinch doesn't mean you have to steal everyone's presents." Eddie says, flicking on the lamp next to her. "And it's eight."

Jo leaned up with a small smile on her. She could never be mad at her brother. She pulled Chris up next to her and then reached down and grabbed the blankets at the bottom of the bed and threw them over the two of them. Chris tried to wiggle his way out but Jo held him too tight, and he was giggling too hard.

Eddie smiled at the two, whipping his phone out taking a quick picture, and sending it to Carla and Buck.

"Jo, Jo please." Chris giggled out. Josie stopped and threw the blankets down a little bit and got up from her bed. She grabbed Chris under the arms and stood him up on the side of the bed, looking down at him with a questionable look.

"You think Santa brought you a present?"

Chris giggles while nodding his head.

Jo winces in while shaking his head. "I don't know, I think I smell coal. Do you smell that?" She asked Chris and then turned to her father who rolled his eyes at her but had a smile on his face.

"Dad?" Chris asked sadly making Eddie frown, but Jo smiled.

Eddie waves over his son over. "Let's go check, shall we."

Chris walks over past his father and to the door that is cracked open. He pushes it open with his crutch and starts walking out.

Jo grabs her phone from her bedside table, along with the water bottle that she filled last night.

"You know you're cruel for that," Eddie says as Jo walks over to stand by him. She lightly smiles up at him, but all he sees behind the smile is sadness.