Joyful, Jolly, Josie

9

── ── ── ──
"My mama went off and left him
She wanted more from life
than he could give"
── ── ── ──

Halloween season was over so that meant, Christmas, then her birthday.

Which she hates.

Thanksgiving was a few weeks ago meaning she was officially on Winter break. The only good thing about these months.

She never did well with holidays. The first few years of her life it was just her mother and her and occasionally her mom's mom or her father's parents and sisters. It was special in its way, but she only ever wanted her father there.

Her father knew she didn't like the holidays, he wasn't completely sure why but he had a small idea.

"So what's Jo asking for for Christmas?" Buck asked with a smirk, as he tried to get ideas of what to buy the two Diaz children. Eddie knows exactly what he's doing, which he doesn't mind, he just doesn't want to be marked as the bad parent.

Even though Buck isn't technically their parent.

"Chris is waiting to tell Santa what he wants, which we're doing tonight, so I expect you to be there as well. And Jo has yet to even mention the holiday, so I guess I'm winging it once again this year."

Buck raises his eyebrows as he lubes the two monkey bars, so he can help get the dumb ass teenage boys that thought trying to fit both of them in one opening would be cool. "Wait, Josie doesn't like Christmas?"

"What? Who doesn't like Christmas?" Chim exclaims while checking the blonde boy's pulse and oxygen.

"I don't know, but she never has, and every year I scavenge to find something good for her but always end up with a few gift cards and some books, but now that I think about it she hasn't read in so long."

The blonde boy smirks down at Eddie who is applying more so hopefully the firefighters don't have to see anything. "How old is your daughter?"

Eddie doesn't think second before replying to the kid. "14."

"Sick, I'm also 14," Blondie says with an inappropriate smirk making Buck and Eddie squirm.

"You're also a fucking idiot." The other boy calls out as he starts slowly slipping through and being pulled out by Bobby and Buck through the bottom.

Once the team cleaned up and was able to successfully leave the scene with each kid-safe, the group of 5 firefighters sat in the rig at a stop light. "Bobby, what is May getting for Christmas?" Buck asked as he elbowed Eddie to get his attention.

Bobby wasn't completely sure why he was being asked but he found no harm in telling it. "Athena and I are getting her different things, I'm buying her these shoes she wants and Athena is buying her some type of vanity for her room."

Eddie twitched his eyebrow up in thought, along with a small head tilt. "A vanity wouldn't be terrible," Eddie tells Buck who instantly nods as his way of claiming it.

"What does she like?" Hen asked.

"Well she loves books, but like I said earlier, I get that every year. She likes comics so maybe I'll get her a gift card, but then I feel like I don't know her enough to get her a real present. She likes um-"

Eddie stumbles over his words for a few seconds before giving up and sinking his shoulders. "She doesn't share her interest with me."

Chim, Hen, and Bobby all nod in confirmation. "Well, that's your problem," Chim says, ending the conversation.