Ghosts!

7
── ── ── ──
"You cure my disappointments
and you heal my pain,
You understand my fears and
you protected me"
── ── ── ──

"Buck here thinks a ghost called nine one one, isn't that right Buckaroo?" Eddie takes a bite of the breakfast that Buck made for the family of 3 in his apartment, well Abby's apartment.

Buck nods with no shame as he takes a bite of eggs and looks to the Diaz family. "Who else would have called Eddie? The guy said he lost his phone as he went over, and the other guy was literally a pile of bones. Who do you think it was?"

"Not a ghost." Eddie scoffs with a sarcastic smile towards Buck.

Chris sets his fork down and looks at Eddie with a smile on his face. "Dad? Are ghosts real?"

"Yes"

"No"

Jo and Eddie voice out at the same time, making them look at each other with puzzled faces. "You don't think ghosts are real?" Jo asks as she wipes her mouth with a napkin.

"You do?"

Jo scoffs at her father and tilts her head. "How have we never talked about this before? Ghosts are 100 percent real, no doubt."

Eddie takes a bite of eggs as he listens to his daughter. "There is literally no proof."

"That's so not true, when Tia's boss died, said she saw him around the office all the time." Jo states smartly.

Eddie's face morphs into a wide-eyed one and he points at his daughter. "That's different, Sophia's a little of her rocker."

"I hope Chris never says that about me." Josie scoffs at her father and continues eating. "Speaking of ghosts, Buck, what's up with the apartment?"

Buck looks around cluelessly at the walls and items lining the apartment. "What's wrong with it?"

The Diaz family all looks between each other, while Chris lets out a laugh.

"Buck, ghosts might not be real in the paranormal world, but they are real in real life." Eddie says, getting no reaction from Buck. "Abby ghosted you. Like seriously."

Buck's eyes lower in offense and he shoves a grape in his mouth. "No, she didn't."

"Buck, she moved across the world, she didn't just ghost you, she ghosted America" Josie winces gaining a nod from Eddie and a laugh from Chris.

"Yeah whatever, how about we talk about how Jo got detention again." Buck cocks his head at the girl, whose face instantly pulls back in betrayal.

"You suck." She whispers out to Buck.

Eddie turns to his daughter in shock. "What? Again?"

Jo rolls her eyes at her father and looks at Buck. "I did not get detention again, it was a misunderstanding. And I didn't tell you, so you could rat me out." She hisses to Buck who just shrugs.

"Josephine, do you have detention or not?"

"No, I don't. Final answer." She says confidently, but she eyes Buck quickly. Eddie sighs and pushes his empty plate away towards Jo, who stacks hers and Chris' on top while standing to make her way over to the sink to wash the dishes.

"Just set them on the counter, I can do them." Buck says to Jo who turns on the sink.

"So can I."

——————