Miranda Rights

8
── ── ── ──
                     Well, there's no excuse
for the things he did
But there's a lot at home
that he's dealing with
── ── ── ──

"Buck will pick you up from school today, I have a meeting. Don't make him wait please." Eddie told Josie who had just hopped out of the car and was grabbing her backpack from the floorboard.

She nods her head at him but her mind is elsewhere, which her father noticed.

"Hey? You alright?" He asked softly, but all he got back was another nod and a small smile. "Have a good day."

Jo replies with a short bye, shuts the door, and starts walking to the front of the school. Except she never never actually walks in. She stands by the front door and waits until her father's truck is long gone before making her way to the sidewalk and walking away from the school and to her mother's apartment which was about 3 miles away.

She should be there in no time.

What she does when she gets there, Jo's not sure yet.

But she does know she doesn't care.

She just wants to lay an eye on the woman who abandoned her.

So that's exactly what she does.

By the time she walked the whole 3 miles, it was around 10:30, so school had started, meaning there was no turning back. When she got in the parking lot of the apartment complex she stood looking up at the building and cars, wondering which one her mom could own.

Wondering if she owned a long van so that maybe at one time she could fit her whole family in it, and maybe even a dog. Or if she owned a 2 door, that barely held her and everything she owned. Or maybe she owned the car she packed all her things in and left her 2 children and her husband.

She walked around and looked in and around the cars mostly because she was trying to talk herself into walking in there. She eventually did walk inside, but when she walked in one of the concierges was on the phone with someone, and the other one was watching her steps very carefully.

Which she thought was odd.

When she walked up to the desk she threw her hood on in case her mother did walk out, she didn't want to be so recognizable. "I'm looking for Shannon Diaz's room. I was wondering if you could tell me which room she's in." Jo spoke in a low tone and looked around to check her surroundings.

Remember when I said she was spiraling?

Yeah, she's doing that again.

The woman who sat in front of Jo stared at her with fear filling her eyes. "I'm sorry ma'am we can't give out information about our occupants. Maybe try calling the person." Marie, the lady who spoke nervously said to Jo who balled her hands into fists and banged them on the counter in frustration, but quickly took in a deep breath when both women flinched back.