Chapter 40: Rich Man Poor Man My Man

En başından başla

His shirt clung to his chest, a result of the sweat that painted a vivid picture of his labor. It was as if he had emerged from the forge of hard work, his every movement a display of masculine grace. His focused dedication and the physical allure he unwittingly exuded created a magnetic pull that left your heart racing and your imagination running wild.

Ayato, at that moment, was a walking fire hazard of irresistible charm. His charisma was undeniable, the very embodiment of attractiveness that threatened to consume your every thought. It made your pulse quicken, your breath catch, and if your wandering gaze lingered any longer, well, let's just say the drooling would be a metaphorical floodgate ready to burst open.

He was more than just a man at work; he was a tempest of seduction, a siren during mundane labor, turning the shipyard into a stage for an impromptu show of irresistible sex appeal.

You tried to suppress the involuntary gulp that escaped as you shook off the distracting allure of Ayato's working charm. Determined to maintain your composure, you sauntered forward and found yourself face-to-face with none other than Ayato's boss.

"Good day, Miss Y/n."

"Manger Xiao! Hi..." You greeted him with an awkward blend of enthusiasm and a touch of social clumsiness.

Manager Xiao had a slim build and midnight blue eyes. He wore almond capri pants, knee-length black boots, green gems at the front, and gold linings. He wore a long-sleeved maroon shirt with two white knots at the collar, once again lined by golden material. Atop the shirt, he wore a black-bordered burgundy vest with lighter prints of swirls.

"Your husband works quite hard, doesn't he?" His voice was heavy, slightly cracky due to old age but still firm with a tinge of approval.

A small blush tinted your cheeks as you softly replied, "Mhm...I'm lucky to be with a wonderful man."

"I should be the one saying that."

Your head snapped toward the voice, meeting Ayato's gaze. He looked a bit breathless, his shirt clinging to him from the sweat, but his smile was as sweet as ever as he shifted his attention back to his manager.

"I finished plating the outer deck, boss," Ayato announced, then draped his arm casually over your shoulder, shooting you a heart-melting smile. "And I should be the one saying that I'm lucky to be with a wonderful, strong woman," he murmured to you, winking playfully.

Manager Xiao chuckled, seemingly amused. "Oh, that's wonderful! I'll let you leave early today. You've worked so efficiently, and it's only right for you to spend some time with your wife. I'm sure she misses you."

You grew flustered, thinking to yourself, Damned old man!! Don't speak that way!

You fought the urge to roll your eyes at the older man's teasing. "Thank you for your kindness, sir. I'll be sure to make good use of my husband's free time," you replied with a polite smile, then quickly ushered Ayato away.

As the two of you strolled through the bustling Liyue Harbor, Ayato couldn't resist flashing a mischievous smirk. "You'll be wise to use my free time, hmm?"

You shot him a warning glare, "Drop it."

"Yes, ma'am."

Together, you and Ayato wandered through Feiyun Slope, the air crisp and invigorating with the scent of flowers and herbs native to the region. Watching the flow of people, you admired the bustling activity, still not fully accustomed to the vastness and busyness compared to the streets of Inazuma City.

"Still no luck with your vision?" Ayato broke the silence, his gaze soft but with visible dark circles beneath his eyes.

You sighed, feeling a pang of frustration. "...No luck."