Chapter 4: A New Beginning

My.....fiancé?
This tall man with beautiful skin is my fiancé? Was it fate or coincidence that we would meet here at Chinju forest?

Ayato took something out of his pocket, "the Shogun sent a letter earlier this evening, agreeing with Yashiro's suggestion." He handed you the official letter.

Your eyes widened as you skimmed through the letter until you caught an important sentence,
"Starting tomorrow, Kamisato Ayato will become the Yashiro Commissioner, and y/n will be by his side to help perform the duties. With that said, Y/n is no longer part of the Tenryou Commission."

A sweet sorrowful smile crept up your lips, you were no longer going to stand next to Sara and the Shogun's side. Y/n felt somewhat defeated, but she knew it was now her duty to stand by her future husband's side and to perform the duties as the future commissioner's wife.
You didn't know much about Ayato and now you were his fiancé, soon to be his wife.

"A-a-ACHOO"
You sneezed so loud, you could've sworn the entire island of Inazuma heard you!

"May the archon bless you, m'lady." Ayato stepped closer, fixing the coat he gave you, his warm touch brushed against your clothes.

The man you've only recently met has been pretty close to you. Why was he so friendly towards you as if you two were already close?

You hesitated before taking a step back.

Two onikabutos flew near you and Ayato. The beautiful man's eyes glowed radiantly as if he had an idea...

"Are you up for a battle of onikabuto?" He grinned,

"A battle of onikabuto, at this hour?"

"Why not, loser has to agree on what the winner wants."

The Kamisato man was seriously challenging me to a battle of onikabuto? Oh archons, why was this man informal with me?

"Hmm I'll choose this one," Ayato grabbed the giant red onikabuto.

You heavily sighed, grabbing the purple onikabuto who seemed to be pretty pumped up to battle the red onikabuto. You placed the onikabuto on a large stone, squatting down to watch the upcoming battle.

Ayato was one mysterious man, the future Yashiro Commissioner was strangely friendly.

The purple bug went head first, hitting the red onikabuto with a big punch, but alas red didn't give up just yet, circling the enemy.
In the heat of the moment, red directly ran into purple, trying to flip the bug over! Onikabuto battles were just like bullfights, trying to see who was the strongest.

Ayato and y/n were closely watching every move.

Purple wasn't giving up, the onikabuto shifted their weight trying to bring down red but red would not step down!
Red kept their stance up, battling until their last breathe, until.....
Purple onikabuto coming in with the last punch, red efficiently avoided and gave purple a big smack causing the bug to flip on its back!

"Well now, looks like I won." The young man smiled.

"So close, congrats on winning." You frowned, bitterly knowing you lost the strangely epic battle of the onikabuto.

Y/n tried to get up from her squatting position but accidentally lost her balance and instinctively grabbed Ayato's sleeve causing the two to lose balance and fall onto each other.

His face was inches apart from yours, those mysterious purple eyes up close looked so familiar, they were beautiful. Everything about this man was ethereal.