Chapter 3: The Connection

Youngjae approached the boy with the camera. He was sitting on a bench, surrounded by animals. He had a black backpack on his shoulder and a blue bandana on his wrist. He was holding a DSLR camera in his hands, pointing it at a white cat that was playing with a ball of yarn.

Youngjae cleared his throat.

"Excuse me," he said.

The boy looked up and smiled.

"Hi," he said.

Youngjae flashed his press ID and introduced himself.

"Hi, I'm Youngjae. I'm a reporter from the magazine. I'm here to write a story about your shelter."

The boy's eyes widened.

"Wow, really? That's awesome! We're so happy to have you here!"

He extended his hand and shook Youngjae's.

"I'm Haejin, by the way. I'm one of the volunteers here."

Youngjae nodded politely.

"Nice to meet you, Haejin."

Haejin smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, Youngjae. So, what do you want to know about us?"

Youngjae shrugged.

"Well, I guess I want to know everything."

Haejin nodded enthusiastically.

"Well, I'll try to answer them as best as I can. But maybe it would be better if you see for yourself."

Youngjae agreed.

"Sure, why not?"

Haejin led him to a door that opened to a small garden. There were flowers, trees, and benches. There were also some animals: dogs, cats, birds, and rabbits. They were roaming freely and peacefully.

"This is our garden," Haejin explained. "This is where we let our animals relax and enjoy nature. We also take photos of them here for our website and social media accounts."

Youngjae looked around with curiosity and admiration. He liked the garden. It was beautiful and serene. It was a contrast to the noisy and crowded city outside.

He noticed that Haejin had a camera around his neck.

"What kind of camera is that?" he asked.

Haejin smiled.