Chapter 2

Chapter 2

____

1 Month

____

.

.

.

A month. A single month has passed since Kenna has had nothing to do. I mean, the most important job she had was from General Ghorbrani supplying Russians a month ago. Now she's at base, just relaxing...

"Nope, fuck it. I need to do something." Kenna sighs out in irritation, and gets up from the comfort of her bed and changes into a tight black shirt and black cargo pants that fits her figure nice a snug. She slips her mask on over her face and lets it hang loose over her collarbone, puts her cloth black gloves on, and slips on some black boots. She ruffles up her dark brown hair to make it look slightly fuzzy. Soon the humidity will curl her hair up for her anyway. She also decides to add black pigment over her eyes to blend with her mask.

(Picture above)

She opens her bedroom door and is greeted with Sergeant John "Soap" McTavish. Soap flinches in shock from the sudden door that nearly hit him as he was walking. "Ay! Who the-" Soap looks towards Kenna and his face pales slightly to see her blank look towards him. "Ah, sorry LT. Didn't know it was you, what's gotcha all up-tight?" He asks and Kenna closes the door behind her as Soap steps back a bit to give her some space.

". . ." She stays silent for a moment, because she's quite embarrassed of the fact that she needs something to do, on her day off. "I'm bored." She says bluntly. Well, might as well say something instead of just saying nothing and walking away.

Kenna walks down the long hallway and Soap follows her since she was heading the way he was going before. "Well maybe sparring will cure your boredom. Why not spar with me?" Soap suggest, and Kenna side-eyes the man with her dark brown sleepy eyes as the two keep walking. They go through a double door into the small living room area the base has. Other guys are in there either drinking or watching some TV.

"Last time we sparred you inevitably lost. Very badly might I say..." She mumbles the last part but Soap heard it. "Ay! I didn't lose that badly! You were about to break my neck with ya damn legs!" Soap comedically shouts as he points at her masked face.

"I can control my legs you bampot. I wasn't gonna break your neck." She states and goes towards the fridge, passing by Gaz who's drinking a beer. Gaz looks at her and waves with a smile. "Good evening Mördare. Sleep well?"

"Maybe a bit too much." She replies in a stoic voice. Gaz laughs lightly from her tone then looks at Soap over the island counter. "What's this about sparring now? Cause last time I checked Mördare kicked your sorry ass." Soap dramatically gasps with a hand over where his heart is.

Kenna is starting to become annoyed with Soap's dramatics. She sighs in irritation and closes the fridge after grabbing a cold water bottle. She looks at Soap who's on the couch with König and Ghost, still thinking he didn't lose that badly. "Ay, Johnny." The boy's attention goes to her, and she sighs once again.

"Why not go for a bout'? I bet 20 bucks you won't be able to pin me for at least 10 seconds." She challenges with an eyebrow raise. Soap smirks and stands toe to toe with her, having to look down only slightly since Kenna is 6'0. "Deal." The two shake hands to seal the deal.