5- The Preparation

Start from the beginning

Leaning over I whisper in Nate's ear that I'm leaving. If I know him like I think I do, he'll follow immediately. My watch now says 10:55. Just enough time to prepare things. I quickly book it out to my car I had let Nate drive and open the driver's side door, my hand itching to retrieve my knife from my purse. In order for this to work, Nate is going to have to come on to me "forcibly". Since I've been denying him for quite a while now he should be plenty frustrated to do just that. After, my knife will come into play.

Just as I expected, hands clutch my shoulders and spin me around. What I didn't expect was that those hands weren't Nate's. This new stranger moves his hands from my shoulders to my hair and presses his body into mine. My back collides with my car and the breath is quickly knocked out of me with a loud noise. The dress I had picked out the day before is shoved up around my waist and his thigh moves in between my legs, spreading them apart. Once I begin to get my bearings, I reach for the man and pull him in tighter, offering him up my neck to kiss. He follows my lead and works a trail that is hot and wet down the side of my throat. The man is clearly inebriated. Back in control of myself, I reach in my purse while the man remains preoccupied and unsheathe the virgin blade originally just meant for my own skin. Now it will know of another before it touches any part of me.

As I'm about to plunge the object into the interference situated at my neck and reaching in between my thighs, a hand stalls me. Slowly the knife is taken from me with gentle hands and the man rubbing himself on my body is quickly removed. A few seconds pass of utter stillness and I blink a couple times to adjust my eyes. In front of me, someone waits patiently for my acknowledgement.

The same man who carried me in his arms all those years ago stands before me. Hair as dark as night lightly brushes his face from wind that I had previously thought was non-existent today. A swirl of black ink caresses the side of his neck making a stark contrast against his porcelain white skin. The origin of the tattoo starts somewhere under the offending black shirt that only serves to tease the imagination of whatever lies beneath. I bite my bottom lip in anticipation. His gray irises calculate my every move as they rake over my disheveled self. Even in my state of undress, I feel no embarrassment. I've waited so long for this moment.

"Hello, Little Lina." The timbre of his voice is almost enough to shatter my clear resolve. Everything about him is utterly delicious. I smile and straighten, slightly smoothing down my dress over my hips as I do.

My voice is soft and breathless, coming out in almost a whisper.

"Hello, Arius."

The vampire makes a sudden noise at the back of his throat and moves a few steps closer.

"Though not so little anymore I see."

I have to grab on to the car door to steady myself. All of the planning in the world could not have prepared me for meeting him. My brief encounter with the vampire as a 13 year old girl was paltry compared to this.

As I'm trying to catch my breath, a strap on my dress decides to slip off my shoulder, exposing parts of my black strapless bra. Glancing down, I smile to myself. In the drunk man's efforts, he partly removed some of the new bandage I had just placed over my chest to cover the recent cut I made at home.

In a chance I wouldn't be able to cut myself to expose fresh blood to the vampire, I knew I had to have a back up plan. Thanks to the drunkard, Plan B is in full effect by the intake of breath I just heard from Arius. Since the cut is still new, blood begins to trickle down slowly into areas still covered.

"Lina....," he groans.

Closing the distance between us, he finally touches me. A huge arm wraps around my waist and pulls me in. I look up at him expectantly. He grins mischievously and licks his lips.

"Whatever you wanted to see me about, speak now, because I won't remember to ask in a few moments."

I run my hand up his arm possessively. So close now.

"Anything I have to say can wait another time," I say as I slowly shrug out of the right strap of my dress. His other arm comes around me and I suddenly find myself lying in the backseat of my car, Arius splayed over me. My breath hitches as I stare into his stormy eyes.

"I assume you knew what I was before you came here. Are you fully prepared for the consequences of seeking me out?"

Are you? I want to ask, but I say nothing. The tendrils of his voice brush across my skin and I arch up from the seat with a moan in answer.

"So be it." His voice carries a finality to it that produces goosebumps on my flesh.

Arius licks up the cut on my chest where I had so recently hurt myself and a tingling sensation comes over me. I had read in the book that the Revenants have healing abilities so I'm assuming that is what is happening. Almost disappointed when he stops, I'm quickly put at ease when I feel his cool breath at my neck. He barely hesitates a moment. I moan in pleasure when his sharp fangs enter me.

The mixture in my bloodstream I consumed earlier is tasteless to vampires and so I do not fear. He will be mine before he knows it.