3- The Decision

I slam the book shut. Memories of my brother's demise comes flooding back to me, along with the man who saved me from the same fate as Edan. I had not remembered my brother's death until this moment. The last thing I had known from the incident was when I woke up in a hospital bed in Norfolk. My parents were in town so I had instantly known something was wrong. Well, besides me being hospitalized. After that, police had come and gone, asking unanswerable questions about my brother's whereabouts. Edan's blood was found at the scene but other than that there was no sign of him. When several months passed, we presumed him dead. Now I know for sure that our fears were correct.

I glance down at the archaic symbol on the cover of the book. Now I remember where I heard the word Revenants before. When I woke up after the whole ordeal, I recall my parents talking in hushed tones to the Wrights, their close friends since before I can remember. The word had stuck out to me but I hadn't thought anything of it at the time.

Not wanting to waste any more precious moments before I'm discovered, I reopen the book with renewed interest. I must find out about the man on the beach. I'm not sure how I know, but this book and that man are connected somehow and I will do everything in my power to find out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several hours later I walk down the stairs of my parent's attic a new person. I am fully convinced upon leaving that that man was what you would call a revenant, or the more fitting term, vampire. The complicated fact that my parents have stashed this plethora of information and memorabilia on these beings crosses my mind briefly, but I quickly squash any inquiries that I may have for them. If I confront my parents on their involvement with these alluring and exquisite creatures of the night, I might lose my chance to find out the truth. Since they could not find my brother's body and our attacker is most definitely inhabiting a space six feet under right now, the vampire I came into contact with must have answers.

With a smirk on my face, I go to find my parents so I can get a thorough tongue-lashing and get it over with. I've got some major work to do and I don't need them getting in the way for the duration of their short stay at home before they once again leave due to their all-consuming careers.

I will find him.

As I say it, a quiet voice in my head whispers across my consciousness.

I will make him mine.
----------------------------------

Very short but a necessary chapter. Hope you're liking it so far. Vote and then tell me what you think!